Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does an ex ever come back after they say they've moved on?

Jeffrey01
    Bronze Member

Does an ex ever come back after they say they've moved on?

Trust me, in my case I'm not expecting it, but I've wondered this. My ex said she'd 'closed the door' on me. Personally, I've never been the one to end a relationship, so I've always wondered how people can just say I'm done with you for life.

My ex did eventually contact me, but in the end, I really don't know why. There was some reminising, talk of having missed me, our dinner meet - which she initiated went great, but she went ice cold the following day. I'll never know what happened.

Anyway, I guess my question is just, how do some people just decide - I'm done with you.

Dreamsgone
    I wish I knew.. I wish I could tell you.
    Im sorry that you are going through this...

GetOverItPlz
    YA know, my ex told me one day to "Grow the f*** up" and also that she didn't want to speak to me for "at least two years". Not a month and a half later, she showed up at my door wanting to see me.

About a month ago, she told me "I'm done" and hasn't spoken to me since. Something about this time felt more final than that other time, but irregardless, people say a LOT of things they don't mean. Maybe they are, but just as they can say it now, they might regret it later.

My best friend's ex was in the Marines. He left her to go to Hawaii, and ended up getting married to some Hawaiian chick. Broke her heart. I still hate the bast*rd to this day for it. But anyway, he ended up getting divorced, and when he came back home after his stay in Hawaii as a divorced man, he of course called her up. Found out she had a new boyfriend who she's very happy with, and he basically flipped because he now wanted her back. SO.... moral of the story is... even if they move 1000 miles away and marry some random chick on an island, they could ALWAYS come back.

I don't believe in closing the door on other people, either. Sure, my ex is an idiot, but she's also an idiot I was madly in love with. If a few years down the line we could work out and the time was right... why not? *shrugs*

4. Thanks cortneys11 thanked for this post
    xiRoCb294
    Bronze Member
    I think they just say that stuff in the heat of the moment when they're upset, but over time, circumstances change, and their feelings about you can change as well! I think anything is possible... I try to look at my relationships with a positive attitude.

bungalo
    Quote Originally Posted by gumiibear [Register to see the link]
    I think they just say that stuff in the heat of the moment when they're upset, but over time, circumstances change, and their feelings about you can change as well! I think anything is possible... I try to look at my relationships with a positive attitude.
    Have to agree with this.

Brownstone322
    If anything, I think having "moved on" opens up new doors for everyone.

Wildcars
    Agree with Brownstone322

FloydPinkerton
    If by "come back" you mean "keep you on a string and re-connect, but never fully return in the back of their minds", then I would say yes.

Generally, though, they will usually not "come back" in the sense that things will go back to completely normal as they were before.

LostKat
    It's very possible. I think gumiibear hit it on the head. We all say many things in the heat of the moment but due to circumstances and time, feelings can change. With emotions, anything is possible. My ex told me she had moved on when we took a hiatus a couple of years ago. We eventually got back together a couple of months later. We can never truly understand why people do the things they do.

Karma20
    Silver Member
    Saying they moved on and actually moving on are two different things. Even though she may believe she moved on doesn't mean has. Will she come back? Only time knows that answer. All I know is everyone says that second chances rarely happen, so that means that people who have married most of them have never broken up not even once for in how many years before they were married. Sorry I'm not buying that at all. I think there are a lot more offers for second chances but the thing is most of the time the chance is offered the other has moved on. I believe that after a the first real breakup with space and NC (not 2 weeks breakups while talking everyday) there are more second chances offered than people realize. I've seen it happen a lot with friends and myself.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
I was the dumper but I'm the dumpee. How do I NC?
Long story short: 42M A couple of years ago, I was casually dating and I ended up with two women at once for quite a long time (10 months)
Help why are guys so hard to understand
I've know this boy for 3 years and we were talking. He's a lovely guy although we've been through a lot but we've had our problems. The last time
Getting My Ex Back
Me and my ex dated for 2 months and everything was fantastic. We did everything together, even went to the beach on vacation. The very next week
Broken up over some guy, but want to get back together again.
Hello there, Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 6+ months now. We have recently broken up due to myself not being able to cope with a certain
Need advice
So ex fiance split up with me in February she's now telling me she wants to commit to trying to fix our family were currently going to counseling to
Trying to Come Back? Or For Attention?
So this girl and I start talking just 2-3 weeks after the got out of a 2.5 year relationship. They were engaged, he cheated 3 months before the
Will she come back?
Hi, I'm 29 years old and was dealing with a 46 years old woman. We spent a year and a half with eachother. We both have kids and we spent every

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Weird crazy breakup
Here goes. We was together 4 and a half years, lived together for the most of that with her grandparents, yeah moved in pretty quick because of
is my bf racist? is there a future?
I am a bit dumbfounded and confused.. pls comment.. I have been dating my bf for 3 years. I look asian and he looks european. Things have not always
Great conversation but she Ghosted me?!
When I asked for her phone number, she kinda looked at me (the really dude? face). I knew it was over, but seriously it bothers me that we had a
My Girlfriend's Extreme Anger and Dramatic Behavior Are Ruining Our Relationship
This is gonna be a long one. Bear with me.. Okay, so this is my absolute first post on any forum ever. I am a 21 year old male, and I am currently in
Wrapping your head around an incurable condition
How does one do that ? While my condition is not fatal it is incurable and my life quality will steadily deteriorate over time. Most possible will
My mom kept a secret for 28 years
I'm 28 years old, my mom always told me to not sleep around, said she never slept w anyone till she got married, etc. well randomly tonight she tells
Confusing relationship with ex
So my ex and I broke up about 3 months ago. There was a lot of hurt, I was really depressed for the first weeks until I got back on my feet and
Ask For Advice