Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does an ex ever come back after they say they've moved on?

Jeffrey01
    Bronze Member

Does an ex ever come back after they say they've moved on?

Trust me, in my case I'm not expecting it, but I've wondered this. My ex said she'd 'closed the door' on me. Personally, I've never been the one to end a relationship, so I've always wondered how people can just say I'm done with you for life.

My ex did eventually contact me, but in the end, I really don't know why. There was some reminising, talk of having missed me, our dinner meet - which she initiated went great, but she went ice cold the following day. I'll never know what happened.

Anyway, I guess my question is just, how do some people just decide - I'm done with you.

Dreamsgone
    I wish I knew.. I wish I could tell you.
    Im sorry that you are going through this...

GetOverItPlz
    YA know, my ex told me one day to "Grow the f*** up" and also that she didn't want to speak to me for "at least two years". Not a month and a half later, she showed up at my door wanting to see me.

About a month ago, she told me "I'm done" and hasn't spoken to me since. Something about this time felt more final than that other time, but irregardless, people say a LOT of things they don't mean. Maybe they are, but just as they can say it now, they might regret it later.

My best friend's ex was in the Marines. He left her to go to Hawaii, and ended up getting married to some Hawaiian chick. Broke her heart. I still hate the bast*rd to this day for it. But anyway, he ended up getting divorced, and when he came back home after his stay in Hawaii as a divorced man, he of course called her up. Found out she had a new boyfriend who she's very happy with, and he basically flipped because he now wanted her back. SO.... moral of the story is... even if they move 1000 miles away and marry some random chick on an island, they could ALWAYS come back.

I don't believe in closing the door on other people, either. Sure, my ex is an idiot, but she's also an idiot I was madly in love with. If a few years down the line we could work out and the time was right... why not? *shrugs*

xiRoCb294
    Bronze Member
    I think they just say that stuff in the heat of the moment when they're upset, but over time, circumstances change, and their feelings about you can change as well! I think anything is possible... I try to look at my relationships with a positive attitude.

bungalo
    Quote Originally Posted by gumiibear [Register to see the link]
    I think they just say that stuff in the heat of the moment when they're upset, but over time, circumstances change, and their feelings about you can change as well! I think anything is possible... I try to look at my relationships with a positive attitude.
    Have to agree with this.

Brownstone322
    If anything, I think having "moved on" opens up new doors for everyone.

Wildcars
    Agree with Brownstone322

FloydPinkerton
    If by "come back" you mean "keep you on a string and re-connect, but never fully return in the back of their minds", then I would say yes.

Generally, though, they will usually not "come back" in the sense that things will go back to completely normal as they were before.

LostKat
    It's very possible. I think gumiibear hit it on the head. We all say many things in the heat of the moment but due to circumstances and time, feelings can change. With emotions, anything is possible. My ex told me she had moved on when we took a hiatus a couple of years ago. We eventually got back together a couple of months later. We can never truly understand why people do the things they do.

Karma20
    Silver Member
    Saying they moved on and actually moving on are two different things. Even though she may believe she moved on doesn't mean has. Will she come back? Only time knows that answer. All I know is everyone says that second chances rarely happen, so that means that people who have married most of them have never broken up not even once for in how many years before they were married. Sorry I'm not buying that at all. I think there are a lot more offers for second chances but the thing is most of the time the chance is offered the other has moved on. I believe that after a the first real breakup with space and NC (not 2 weeks breakups while talking everyday) there are more second chances offered than people realize. I've seen it happen a lot with friends and myself.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Top Threads
Dumpee Rebounding and Karma
Hi there. When u get dumped, If u have a chance, It's very natural to reach to a rebound person. I think your emotional state helps u - u are hurt
Is it a breakup or a getting back together gesture?
About a month ago, my boyfriend of almost 3 years broke up with via text on Christmas eve! He did it so immaturely that when I started reasoning with
Does persistence work in reconciliation?
Hi everyone, I've posted my case here a few days ago, abut my long and complicated story. I really, really want to reconcile for the last time and
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
Question About Next Move with Ex
I dated my ex for just shy of 6 years and we broke up 6 months ago. Leading up to the break-up, I was in a stage of my training where I was met with
"The talk" of deciding to break up or try it again is due in a month. SOS.
But I'll try to be brief.. My "ex" and I were together for about 8 years and have a 3 year old together. Everything was fine, we were best

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice