Should I tell my boyfriend I love him first?

MadelineS

I've been with my boyfriend for about 3 months now and realised that I love him a month ago and since then my feelings have only grown stronger. I am pretty sure that he feels the same because he is always telling me that I thinks I am amazing and he is very lucky, he drives to my house to see me most days (even though he lives on the other side of town) and he often includes me in his plans with his close friends and family.

Yesterday we were lying in bed and he was telling me what he likes about me and he even said that I am very special because I made him want to have a relationship even though he didn't want one. I said thanks and after a moment of silence he said "I love... spending time with you." I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting him to say it then.

The problem is that I really, really want to tell him that I love him because if I don't I'm afraid that it might come out at the wrong moment (I've been very close to saying it without meaning to). I don't know if its too early though or if the guy should always say it first.

I've never loved anyone else before or had a relationship that was this serious so I don't know what I should do! What do you think?

My first thought would be to wait a bit longer since 3 months is very short. You could still be in the honeymoon phase so you have to be certain that this is the real deal and not that. But if you know in your heart that your love is genuine then tell him!

Archived