Ask For Advice

Thread: Should I tell my boyfriend I love him first?

MadelineS

Should I tell my boyfriend I love him first?

I've been with my boyfriend for about 3 months now and realised that I love him a month ago and since then my feelings have only grown stronger. I am pretty sure that he feels the same because he is always telling me that I thinks I am amazing and he is very lucky, he drives to my house to see me most days (even though he lives on the other side of town) and he often includes me in his plans with his close friends and family.

Yesterday we were lying in bed and he was telling me what he likes about me and he even said that I am very special because I made him want to have a relationship even though he didn't want one. I said thanks and after a moment of silence he said "I love... spending time with you." I was a bit disappointed because I was expecting him to say it then.

The problem is that I really, really want to tell him that I love him because if I don't I'm afraid that it might come out at the wrong moment (I've been very close to saying it without meaning to). I don't know if its too early though or if the guy should always say it first.

I've never loved anyone else before or had a relationship that was this serious so I don't know what I should do! What do you think?

Snowy
    Platinum Member
    Go for it!

Break the ice for him.

Meddlin
    I would second that suggestion - go for it!

Cmaj7th
    My first thought would be to wait a bit longer since 3 months is very short. You could still be in the honeymoon phase so you have to be certain that this is the real deal and not that. But if you know in your heart that your love is genuine then tell him!

Top Threads
Situation: Chances?
Hey guys, here's a situation. please don't state the obvious but explain it in a way you would to someone who's goin' through that issue. In this
I think I love my ex'sister in law
During my divorce I met my ex-sister-inlaw. At first she would scold me about the divorce... not that she was taking sides, she doesn't have a good
Situation: In love
Hey guys, i have a question. So the one i love is hangin' out with some guy i don't know to run some business she said and will be out a couple days
Situation: Should i unblock her?
Hey guys, i wanted to know from your personal stories what you should do and shouldn't do when you've blocked someone you love? please explain to me

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice