Ask For Advice

Thread: why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

2bExact

why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

i'm 17 and female------ anyway, i just feel like i believe peoples lies, and also just in general i can never tell if someone is joking or not!! like i know that some people i talk to are just like that in that they are sarcastic to the point of not being able to tell if they're being real or not..... but i just really want to know a way of being able to tell if someone is for real or not when they say something to me! it's especially embarrassing when a teacher says something and i take it completely the wrong way.........or i think she's serious when she's joking , or visa verse.. =/

mfan
    Sometimes I actually say "I don't know if you are being serious or not, so I will assume you are joking." That always wakes them up, because if they are being serious, they will definitely want me to know they're being serious and they will strive to clarify that. Pressure's off now. Let them convince you they are serious and now they're the one with the problem

This really works. I am a total jokester myself, but even I get confused by other people who are not as clear in their joking as I am.

catfeeder
    Ask, "Are you joking or serious?"

Top Threads
Would you trust a psychiatrist who categorizes homosexuality as an illness ?
I was just on a website which lets you ,after signing up, choose a psychiatrist to book an appointment with . You view the psychiatrist's profile
Vivid Dreams
I know that anti depressants have a side effect of causing vivid dreams. But my dreams are so weird that I am scared of the whole idea of going to
Stomach flu prevention advice
Hello folks! So, in short, I have a terrible phobia of vomit and committing and being sick with the stomach flu. Like horrible, I get really really
Lost.
Where do I begin? I'm a 20 year old female and life at the moment has been really rough. I feel that every aspect of my life is incredibly

Featured Threads
He took my sisters virginity!
Well.. Here goes nothing. I don't have anyone to talk to and hoping to get some insight. My mind is confused and my heart is completely
Dating after working in the sex industry
Hey all, I'm coming out of a difficult time in my life where i worked as a sex worker. I just wanted some opinions on how to handle this when I begin
My boyfriend hangs out one on one with his ex am I right to feel uncomfortable?
Hi everyone, I posted here before about how my boyfriend and his ex are close friends. Long story short, they date for two years, realised they were
What does this mean?
I'm a 24 year old man and I've been in a relationship with my girlfriend for 5 years. But I'm feeling like this relationship is built on blind trust
Is this just "The 21st Century Woman?"
For the past 5 years, every woman I've dated (ages 25-32 we'll say) has had to stress to me immediately, before anything gets going, that they are
Venting I guess... I miss having sex.
So... I don't know if there is any real advice that can be given here. But I'm sure people here can at least relate and maybe share their
My boyfriend curses at me but says he's joking?
Hi everyone, My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 8 months and while everything has been great so far except that he curses at me but says
Ask For Advice