Thread: why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

i'm 17 and female------ anyway, i just feel like i believe peoples lies, and also just in general i can never tell if someone is joking or not!! like i know that some people i talk to are just like that in that they are sarcastic to the point of not being able to tell if they're being real or not..... but i just really want to know a way of being able to tell if someone is for real or not when they say something to me! it's especially embarrassing when a teacher says something and i take it completely the wrong way.........or i think she's serious when she's joking , or visa verse.. =/

New York
    Sometimes I actually say "I don't know if you are being serious or not, so I will assume you are joking." That always wakes them up, because if they are being serious, they will definitely want me to know they're being serious and they will strive to clarify that. Pressure's off now. Let them convince you they are serious and now they're the one with the problem

This really works. I am a total jokester myself, but even I get confused by other people who are not as clear in their joking as I am.
    Long sweet live, a-chewin' me baby,
    Ain't nothin' wrong with that :)

New Jersey
    Ask, "Are you joking or serious?"
    Try backing off. It seems to be a well kept secret how many wonders occur and problems straighten out when we do nothing but leave someone alone.

Top Threads
Fear of travelling and flying
The last few vacations I have gone on I have felt severe anxiety and stress leading up to and during the trip. Firstly, I have a fear of flying. Not
I'm stressed over everyday life.
So heres my quick story. I'm 26 and ever since I can remember i've always been stressed and worried, about anything and everything. I'm very lucky
Featured Threads
It shouldn't be this hard....
So I've been in a relationship with this girl for 2 years as of the 28th of October. I took things way too fast and she moved in fairly quick. It
Why do I keep meeting women who don't put much effort or initiative in dating?
I'm not sure if it's the area I live in, the sign of the times, or what, but I keep meeting women who don't put much effort or initiative when dating
Being smart or materialistic?
I don't know if I what I'm feeling could be considered of those of a 'gold digger' or materialistic. I acknowledge the fact that It may seem like it
falsely accused of having offensive odor
Hi all, I am feeling very humiliated. There was someone at work who went to complain directly to the director of the company that I had a
The complications of an attempted three-way
The last few days have been a jumble of hurt feelings, disappointment and guilt. I'm not sure there's any advice than can magically make this make