Ask For Advice

Thread: why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

2bExact

why am i so gullible and how can i not be gullible?

i'm 17 and female------ anyway, i just feel like i believe peoples lies, and also just in general i can never tell if someone is joking or not!! like i know that some people i talk to are just like that in that they are sarcastic to the point of not being able to tell if they're being real or not..... but i just really want to know a way of being able to tell if someone is for real or not when they say something to me! it's especially embarrassing when a teacher says something and i take it completely the wrong way.........or i think she's serious when she's joking , or visa verse.. =/

mfan
    Sometimes I actually say "I don't know if you are being serious or not, so I will assume you are joking." That always wakes them up, because if they are being serious, they will definitely want me to know they're being serious and they will strive to clarify that. Pressure's off now. Let them convince you they are serious and now they're the one with the problem

This really works. I am a total jokester myself, but even I get confused by other people who are not as clear in their joking as I am.

catfeeder
    Ask, "Are you joking or serious?"

Top Threads
Soft Drinks
I have decided to give up soft drinks for 1 week to see if I can do it. I love diet coke! I have read articles on how people lose weight by cutting
Weird quitting smoking withdrawals..help?
I quit smoking just a couple of days ago. I knew that craving cigarettes is a no brainer being part of the quitting process. But I'm having the
Medication review & feel secure about no longer needing it
It has been a long haul since my complete breakdown in July 2012. After a few years of therapy ,a year and a bit on Klonopin and then only very
Always hurting inside, low self esteem?
I was ok, not the best, but all this super low esteem came out when my dad started giving me these lectures. I could say there is no worse pain then
I feel like I'm going to go insane.
So, this is going to take forever. I'd be tempted to just drop down and accept what I'm becoming, but I do need some serious help and I have nowhere
Trying to make sense of myself
I will try to keep this as short as I can, but what I've been going through is kind of hard to explain. Basically what has been going on is that I
Related to IUD or something else
Yesterday I awoke to a sharp pain, I believe in my ovary. Today it's more dull than sharp, but my period started about 4 days ago, so I'm not

online counseling
Featured Threads
Ugly pictures
We had a professional photographer come in at work. I used the photo and put it on my dating profile. But when my Roomie saw it,she said take it
Not being "too" available.
I posted a few days ago about the younger guy I've been dating for 6 months and how he doesn't want to use BG/GF labels. I got some great feedback
I am having difficulty accepting my boyfriends bisexuality for no reason
So here goes; the main reason why I got this account here is probably because I am so ashamed of myself and that because I am surrounded by either
relationship advice
hi... I'll start by saying i'm a guy, i just really needed a woman's point of view for this, so i hope you can help me! My mom is paying for my
Seeing ex tomorrow..so confused. Need advice!
Hi everyone. I'm really confused with my ex. Dated two years; he was very hurt by the breakup. He hasn't dated many people, and I was his first
Needing advice and/or support with ex girlfriend
Ok. Long story short... I ended up in a serious relationship with my best friend of 7 years. The last 3 years of which we were in a serious
I really need some advice and a outside opinion
I really don't know what to do ... My girlfriend and I have been dating for about a year now she is no longer attracted to me but tells me she loves
Ask For Advice