LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: the alcoholic's side of the break up

Platinum Member
    BTW< if you are not attending AA or some form of support group - do it. You need as much support around you as possible.

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    BTW< if you are not attending AA or some form of support group - do it. You need as much support around you as possible.
    Thanks for the advise, and please don't think im acting like a know it all w/this reply... im a med school student because im absolutely inlove w/physiology and pathology. Lucky, I know about the human body's reaction to alcoholism. The cells in my body think they need it, and it will never change. I can never drink again because my body will recognize and utilize the alcohol more if I do. Its like if you breath air just before you drown, your body utilizes more O2 then breathing at rest. This is where alcoholics relapse, a year or two after they drink, they think they can have just one. AA helps people w/info like this as well as they are a christian based organization. There is nothing wrong w/religion, it teaches good moral values that can help you become a better person along the way. My cravings are gone, and, even if it doesn't work out between us, I have my kid and education to consider. Ill just wait until seniality kicks in to act like a crazy person. For now, id rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!

I am just now reading this , years later, and am thankful for the insight from an alcohlic's perspective.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by gracefor8
    I am just now reading this , years later, and am thankful for the insight from an alcohlic's perspective.
    Hi Grace... do you know this website? It's incredibly helpful, and some of the most humble, inspirational posts are from the recovering alcoholics: [URL="

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice