Prayers for Japan

My prayers go out for all the people, children, and animals in Japan that got hit by an 8.9 earthquake. The earthquake lasted for over a minute. Tsunami alerts went off immediately and CNN is showing so much flooding. I hope the people there are okay and can find shelter until tsunami warnings are lifted.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the footage of the Tsunami in Japan and it is horrifying. They showed an aerial view of the water flooding farmland area and just obliterating houses in its path. In the background you can see a road with cars driving on it as the water gets closer and closer. The camera panned away from the road but you can pretty much figure out what happened to the people who were driving in those cars.

I am assuming this relates to this news alert: `Tsunami Alert for New Zealand, the Philippines, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, Hawaii, and others. Waves expected over the next few hours, caused by 8.9 earthquake in Japan'

- my heart goes out to all these people living in these areas.. I cannot, for a minute, fully appreciate the horror of experiencing tsunamis, the devastation to homes and villages.

I used to live in Japan, and the first thing I had to do was find out if my friends are okay. It's horrifying to see so much destruction. I firmly believe that the reason the death toll isn't astronomical right now is because the country is prepared for earthquakes and tsunamis...but even that preparation was not able to save everyone from this disaster. My thoughts and prayers are with you, tomodachi.

My thoughts are with everyone in japan. How tragic. ^^^ yes japan is more prepared than most countries. They take earthquakes very seriously and take no chances. What a big quake, 8.9 is crazy.

We just got a tsunami warning. With all the flooding here, I dunno. Scary stuff. Seems the world ring of fire is heating up.

My younger sister lives in Japan close to Tokyo with her husband.

They are both fine and his family is all accounted for. From what I have been told by my mother, it is as bad or worse than the pictures can relay.

Prayers inbound.

That is wonderful to hear. Hopefully the casualties in this disaster are minimal.

Archived