Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why does he keep touching me? how to respond to it?

2bExact

why does he keep touching me? how to respond to it?

<im 17 and female> at lunch, this guy always touches my hair, my chin or behind my ear when he walks past or behind me. it makes me shiver, but in a good way. i like him but i'm not sure if he likes me. he's an aquaintence i guess. this touching thing started after he told me he just wanted to be friends. (after going out ONE TIME.) i know he likes me and he knows i like him. i don't know what to make of all this attention. i seem to have really bad luck with guys- they end up only wanting friendship from me. btw, this is not the same guy as my other thred. anyway, besides the reason why he's teasing me like this, i want to know how i should react to it so he knows i'm still into him? something playful for me to do or say back to him maybe....
    Last edited by 2bExact; 03-09-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Karma20
    Silver Member
    If he said he only wanted to be friends, then he is leading you on. Next time he touches you tell him this property is reserved for someone else!!!

2bExact
    i can't believe he's trying to lead me on! i don't want to believe that, but it makes sense a little..=[[ i thought he liked me

Karma20
    Silver Member
    I'm sorry, I don't know for sure but honestly if someone tells you're they just want to be friends and know that you like them, then flirting with you is wrong. Some people just like the attention from others. Keep your distance from him. I feel you're just going to get hurt if you don't.

TakingtheBlame
    Platinum Member
    Goodness, I had the same "problem" as you when I was 17! I was kind of pretty and dressed "sexy" but was very shy and a bit of a goody-two-shoes (didn't smoke, drink, or have sex...or do much other than study really!) so I had a lot of guy friends hanging around and flirting with me but none of them wanted to date me! They'd often say that I was like a "little sister" and though they all wanted to get physical with me they really didn't know what to do with me beyond that because I was so serious and sheltered, so they chose to just be my friend. I think this might be what's going on here (but feel free to disagree! I don't know all the details...) You say this guy knows you like him, so he would pursue you if he was interested, especially since you already went out once! But don't take it personally if he isn't interested...it's possible he's just looking to "have fun" with girls right now and not looking to be serious, and maybe you come accross as the respectable type? Not a bad thing! Ugh high school was such a weird place....

Meddlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma20 [Register to see the link]
    I'm sorry, I don't know for sure but honestly if someone tells you're they just want to be friends and know that you like them, then flirting with you is wrong. Some people just like the attention from others. Keep your distance from him. I feel you're just going to get hurt if you don't.
    Hi, I don't think OP said that HE wants to be friends, she just said that others USUALLY want to be friend.
    Anyway...my suggestion is, as you already have a rapport with him, is to have lunch at work, and use it as opportunity to ask him if he wants to go to a show with you (cinema, theatre, concert - think of something!!), I suggest an activity as opposed to just a restaurant/meal as it gives you the chance to know whether he is into the same things as you - if he is, then bonding!!

If not - keep it as platonic friendship, and you will both still be happy!

Karma20
    Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meddlin [Register to see the link]
    Hi, I don't think OP said that HE wants to be friends, she just said that others USUALLY want to be friend.
    Anyway...my suggestion is, as you already have a rapport with him, is to have lunch at work, and use it as opportunity to ask him if he wants to go to a show with you (cinema, theatre, concert - think of something!!), I suggest an activity as opposed to just a restaurant/meal as it gives you the chance to know whether he is into the same things as you - if he is, then bonding!!

If not - keep it as platonic friendship, and you will both still be happy!
    No she said the touching thing started after he told her he only wanted to be friends.

2bExact
    yeah karma20, you're right- this boy told me he just wants friendship

Meddlin
    Quote Originally Posted by Karma20 [Register to see the link]
    No she said the touching thing started after he told her he only wanted to be friends.
    OK, sorry read it wrong:/

2bExact
    any more advice on how to confront him without being *witchy?

11. 03-09-2011, 06:31 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Missing my booty call!
After I broke up with my LDR boyfriend in February, I was extremely sad. Went to a birthday party of a friend and when I went back home to another
Having crush with coworker
Dear All, I got this crush that is hindering my life. This new colleague just joined my company 1 month ago. Currently she is attached to my
Current boyfriend/girlfriend
Are they taller than you?
I turned him down once and I regret it
So I've known this guy - let's call him J - for two years now. We met in a dog park and formed our little group which contains us two, J's roommate T
male friend likes me....not recipicated
So I have this male friend (as the title says) who likes me a lot. He wants a relationship. I however I did tell him a while ago my feelings are
I need some opinions
So I've had this male friend for years now, close to a decade. Recently things got a bit weird, and he asked me if we could have some "fun" and
I need help
I recently broke up with my ex of three years. It was a very abusive relationship, not physically but emotionally and mentally. I was controlled and

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice