Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 7 of 1835 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Driver's Seat

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    What do you do when you have a parent who is severely mentally ill? I love my dad, but at the same time he has been very abusive to my family and done some very evil things. I know he was not raised very well and had a pretty hard life most of his life. As an adult all his difficulties have been caused by his own behavoir. Is he really responsible though? That is the thing with severe mental illness, are they truly responsible? He has been out of my life most of my adult life mostly due to his own choices. I have seen him a little more the past 5 years. I only see him maybe twice a year though and now I do not live so close. I would love to be close to my dad, like some girls are close to their dad. I know that will never never happen though and I gave up on that about 15 years ago, but........sometimes part of me wishes. I feel guilty for not being in his life more but truly he does not really want me there or even any human being there, it is not just about me. He despises humanity.So he really deserves to be alone. My empathic part though can not accept this and I guess that is where the guilt comes from.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    *sigh* Will racism ever end??? My son encountered it at school recently and defended his own point that all people should be loved regardless.

Wow is is hard to believe that next month I will have been married 17 years. Sometimes it feels forever and sometimes it feels like yesterday. It is just so hard to contemplate it has been that long. It is hard to believe that we met in 1989. Some people who are adults now were not even born yet when we met. That is amazing to contemplate.

I am excited about going home for my mom's birthday. We are having a nice dinner out with my mom and some of my other family. Her brother is coming and his two sons. My mom and my step dad and my foster sister and the new little foster girl my mom got last week. Me and my husband and my son. My brother won't be there because he will be in Portland for work. I am not sure if I am going to see my in-laws but my son misses both sets of grandparents so we will probably make a stop there too.

I had dream last night that I got married again. Funny it was in white. It felt so bizarre to be doing all the rituals again.

I am so happy that there is sun today!!! It seems like there has not been any for like a week. It is SO depressing when there is no sun. I want to go out ALL day and just enjoy it.

Doesnít it depend, to a large degree, on whether or not they seek help? I come from a family of drug and alcoholic addicts. Some of them, my father included, put up an intense fight against it. Others didnít and with those ones, we donít necessarily feel guilty about not supporting.

I didnít know your son was a visible minority. Donít think youíve ever mentioned it.

This should be wonderful! I know family means so much to you.
    Yesterday we hung out with my brother and sister, and her family. All of us together, which feels really special because we had little to do with each other for many years (not because of conflicts but because of a destructive religion).
    So your mother takes in foster children? This is my lifelong dream. How does she still have the energy?

Same man or new one?

Yay! Sunny and happy.

^^^ ahahaha that was a massive fail. I have not figured out how to multi quote since the new format came in. Oh well

Ahhhhhhhhhhh sun was SO blissful!! MMM it helps the mood so much.

Page 7 of 1835 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice