Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 6 of 1835 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Driver's Seat

You will of course always be a parent Vic. Your son is still young, so I wouldn't worry too much about being overly pushy.
    If the issues are things for which you have no control over - ex: friends at school, then I would let him do his own mistakes and learn from them.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Oh no it was not about my son at all Mousty, it was just a general comment.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I am so SICK of winter I could throw up. Winter is just too long in this country. I think it gets longer as I get older. It might be time to head south in the winters for a bit.

I think I am going to write a book, yup, I think so. I think it might help me figure out a situation that I have. If anything I will have a deeply personal and exciting story to remember.

I have always wanted to write a book and I have been writing since I was 11 years old pretty much.

Wow, this is exciting.

Totally exciting! I've always wanted to as well. Only the best idea I've ever come up with is a book where the main character is in a vegetative state but conscious and it describes the life of her husband and children as they grow up, as perceived by her. Hasn't that got to be the stupidest book idea you've ever heard? lol..

Maybe when you finish the book you'll let us read it.

Your idea sounds interesting UMA!! You should write a book!! It is a learning experience really. One learns so much about themselves.

Is it time consuming though? Do you find it can take a long time to write a single sentence or do the words just flow?

It can be time consuming, yes, because if you do not spend some time on it you can loose the flow of ideas, know what I mean? I have time right now while my knee heals and when my son is at school. I have time right now too because I am not working but plan to take some other courses later on and have a change of employment.

Sometimes I find it easy to write and it just flows and at other times it is harder.

When I was younger I wrote 74 books with a friend but we never did anything with them. I have thrown them out now though because the paper had gone funny since this was long before the age of the computer.

I just love the written word and what it brings to the imagination and to life.

I have been thinking of getting a lot of my hair cut off. It is simply annoying.Well, I have till next Friday to decide. I have not had it cut for 10 months or so so it is time for a chopping.

Today I am struggling with the guilt of not seeing my dad more often.

Page 6 of 1835 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice