Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 1834 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Life in the Driver's Seat

Originally Posted by under_my_amberella
    Yes, this.
    Exactly. A lot of 'positive' things in life are done out of selfishness too, such as giving to the poor. You do it because it makes you feel good.
    All humans are selfish individuals, it's what drives us to act - it's just which actions you take out of the selfishness that defines you.

I could also go on about how nothing is really positive or negative, it's just a perception but I think you get the point.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Mousty
    Exactly. A lot of 'positive' things in life are done out of selfishness too, such as giving to the poor. You do it because it makes you feel good.
    All humans are selfish individuals, it's what drives us to act - it's just which actions you take out of the selfishness that defines you.

I could also go on about how nothing is really positive or negative, it's just a perception but I think you get the point.
    I can see it in that sense, but you are doing it for yourself and for the other people too.

Well exactly, you are performing the action because your perception of the action is benefical and because you believe it's the right thing to do.
    Other people may perceive that same action as negative for factors you may not have considered or other, and they believe it's the wrong thing to do.

It always come down to an evaluation of self - but the action affects other people because of your beleifs.

I don't have a negative connotation on the word selfish unlike the popular definition of the word.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    The more you are motivated by love, the more fearless and free your actions will be.

Katherine Mansfield

Originally Posted by Mousty
    Well exactly, you are performing the action because your perception of the action is benefical and because you believe it's the right thing to do.
    Other people may perceive that same action as negative for factors you may not have considered or other, and they believe it's the wrong thing to do.

It always come down to an evaluation of self - but the action affects other people because of your beleifs.

I don't have a negative connotation on the word selfish unlike the popular definition of the word.
    I completely see what you are saying. Thanks for being a positive person, I really like that.

Today is International Woman's Day. YAY!! This is what makes me proud that my husband will be going to Afghanistan that he will be there to promote of the rights of women and girls in that country.

I think my eyes will pop out if my son talks anymore about this Pokemon game. He is on about it NON STOP for a month before he got it. He got it Sunday and has already beat the game and he is STILL TALKING ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!! I told him the thing is going to get confiscated if he does not stop talking about it endlessly. Man he needs a better filter as to be able to tell when people have had enough already.When he likes something he just goes into this hyper focus about it and it becomes everything, and he talks and talks and talks about it. I think I have snapped about it twice in the past month. There are some days I can not take it and he just HAS to learn to stop.

I am going to have to get to the gym regularly again because I can feel my anxiety increasing x2 every day. I have started having panic attacks again and it will only be a matter of time before my blood pressure starts to go back up if it has not already. Heal knee heal.

Well last night sucked. I have broken out in hives all over my neck. There are some situations I really need to step back from temporarily before I drive myself around the bend. As much as you can love and adore someone, some times silence and peace is golden.

When does one stop being a parent, once you are? I would say never.Even when your child is an adult, they will always be your child. Yes, they are adult but one can not help but feel protective and want your child to do well. So where is it when you cross the line between concern and pushy?

Page 5 of 1834 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice