Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How often did it happen to you that you NEVER heard from your ex (dumper) again?

I was with my ex for 7 years and from the moment she broke up with me I have yet to hear a single word from her. Its been roughly 7-8 months now since the breakup and I've heard NOTHING.

Its a very strange feeling no doubt. Especially since we shared a life together for 7 years and now it all just feels like it was a dream.. Just a memory I suppose..

Well went from an 8 yr relationship to nothing. Havent heard from him in almost 2 yrs, doubt i ever will. You have no other choice then to move on, trust me.

The only time I've never heard again from an ex was when I was 18 years old. We had been living together for a few months, and I found out he was cheating with my "best" friend. He moved out, and I never heard a word from him again. When I found out years later that he'd gone on to marry her sister and ended up an alcoholic on drugs, I was quite glad for this.

I have never heard from any of my exes who at the time meant a lot to me. My ex that cheated on me 3 years ago (who stayed in the same social circle as me) still treats me like I don't exist. My last ex who I am still getting over quickly got into another relationship after saying he no longer wanted one and then moved thousands of miles away. I know it's all for the best. They are all exes for a reason, I just wonder why they all try to wipe me completely from their life like I meant nothing to them.

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Spirit25
    I have never heard from any of my exes who at the time meant a lot to me. My ex that cheated on me 3 years ago (who stayed in the same social circle as me) still treats me like I don't exist. My last ex who I am still getting over quickly got into another relationship after saying he no longer wanted one and then moved thousands of miles away. I know it's all for the best. They are all exes for a reason, I just wonder why they all try to wipe me completely from their life like I meant nothing to them.
    That's the thought that really hurts doesn't it? I mean I don't know if/when I'll ever speak to mine again, but he's been a ghost for two months now and even that is not something I expected...perhaps he is being sensitive to my healing or something, I don't know, he never said anything...

My ex before this recent one...he broke up with me for the 4th time, wanted to get back together a week later. By then I had realized he was a jerk and it wasn't worth breaking up & getting back together again. He tried 3 times over the next 4 months to talk to me, the last two I ignored. He stopped trying after finding out I had a new bf (the most recent ex).

This recent ex...he talked to me after 2 weeks, really upset, saying he was a jerk and didnt deserve, asking if I was still in love with him, and blah blah. He did that 2 nights straight. A month after that, we talked every day for a week after he said he couldn't imagine thinking about me with another guy. ANOTHER month later, he prank called me once, we ended up hanging out one night, talked almost every day for a week, and then...nothing. This takes us to January. And I haven't had a conversation with him in almost 2 months now. I decided this is crap. Now I don't want to see him, talk to him, or think about getting back with him. He really is indecisive, and I don't need that.

To the point: lol all of my ex's have talked to me after breaking up. Idk.

Strangely enough, I'm actually friends with all my ex's. With most of them it has actually been a few years down the line when a friendship was formed. I have not wanted to reconcile with most of them, two wanted to reconcile with me, the rest felt the same way I did. I don't have tons of ex's but the ones I do have (apart from this most recent one who won't speak to me anymore.) half got back in touch with me and the others I contacted a few years later. With one in particular, many years ago now I was quite excited when he contacted me after two years. But boy had both of us changed! I met up with him and didn't find him the least bit attractive or compatible. Very funny!

I have a friend of mine at the moment though who is 1 year out of a divorce. She still loves her ex-husband but the other day he apparently walked slowly straight past her in a busy high street as if she was a complete stranger.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by Kalgan
    Also, from what I've read about those who DO have to remain in contact because of kids, business, property etc, we should count our blessings....*

((Destiny))
    K2* 8)
    Im in contact because of my son, she has a new guy after 3 months....IT'S HELL....coutn your lucky stars when you never hear from them again!!!!!!!

^^^Exactly Jonesy. Everyone should heed that, and I for one AM extremely grateful that we never had those kids she used to tell me she wanted!
    Originally Posted by mybunnyslipperz
    I will never understand how you can share 8 years of your life with someone and then never talk to you again.
    Yeh. Look, bottom line is, breakups are hard and they suck big time. There is no easy way through it...

But it is where we gain strength and knowledge*

Stay Up Everyone*
    K2* 8)

Bronze Member
    About 2/3 of my exes I didn't have any further social contact with.

Unless you both want to work things out, it's usually best.

Leave the past in the past.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice