Ask For Advice

Thread: what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

greysfan

Exclamation what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

my dad worked in the medical field for 30 years as a respiratoy therapist. he recently got let go due to performance issues, he says he was burnt out. Also, he used to drink alot so he brain doesn't work like it used to. he is now looking to get a new job. what are some entery level jobs that an older person can get and make more than minimum wage with no experience?

thanks

greysfan
    bump. I really need advice thanks

stella74
    I've heard Walmart and Home Depot are hiring older workers for entry level jobs. But I doubt they pay much more than minimum wage.

Squiggy
    OMG, i feel sorry for your dad. It will be very difficult for him to work at an entry level job. For 30 years in the same field, he would be better off trying to stay in that field. If he was let go because of "drinking" he should have a chance to correct that habit and have the company support him. Most companies has policies drawn up to help the people that work for them. With regulations to unfair employment to human right advocates. I would spend more effort in finding out the reason why was terminated. If company says because of his "alcoholism", ask them if he can retain his job or stay within the company after he finishes rehab. It may all be complicated because policies are hard to understand. I would greatly advice to getting legal advice, if you cannot afford one, try legal aid.

For a person working that many years, no person can expect them to return to work at an entry-level position. I wouldn't hire your dad, because I know that is not the best thing for him. But if you say he has been bouncing off jobs to jobs, and the longest period he has work for a company is 5 years, then that's a different story. Seek legal help, for wrongful termination and violating his human rights!

Top Threads
Which credit card debt should I start paying first?
Have $500 to pay one first and wanted to ask which one I should pay first The one that I owe $ 700 or $2900? Thanks a lot
I think I messed up my life and I'm only 25:(
I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm 5 months away from getting my BS in IT (option in cybersecurity) and I feel so depressed. My only jobs have
how to not care about what people think
My mother was critical, nothing I did was ever enough. I would spend huge amounts of energy to make her happy and appreciate me. Now, sometimes
career advice for a single mother
hi, I am a single mom of two, i need career advice and tips on how to manage work and life. I get too stressed up at times where I feel I am the only
Boss' Peculiar Behavior
I need help on how to respond / react on my Boss' peculiar behavior. He is new at our department, the 4th manager assigned to us for the past year!!
Entrepreneur in doubt
Well I was wondering if there are any entrepreneurs or someone with advice. We have been running our company for 2 and a half year. We are

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Which credit card debt should I start paying first?
Have $500 to pay one first and wanted to ask which one I should pay first The one that I owe $ 700 or $2900? Thanks a lot
Am I Being Body Shamed by my boyfriend?
Let me just start by saying I am a pretty tiny person. I would say I'm "model-skinny" so to speak, but I don't starve myself by any means. I am
My girlfriend constantly makes flirtatious jokes about other guys to me. Help?
So, my girlfriend constantly (and I mean constantly, we're probably talking maybe 5 times or so every time we hang out?) makes comments about other
He's just not ready?! - What I've learned and your views please
Dear All, I've read so much around this and feel I've made a good strong decision but I'm looking for your thoughts. 4 weeks ago I met a guy
Am I getting cold feet?
My partner and I have been engaged for about a year now and have been together for over three years. We are an older couple so we both know what we
What should I do about my controlling parents?
I am 20, still living with my parents and they control my life. They won't allow me to online date but I do it anyway. They check my phone every day
Should I reach out to him after he disappeared?
I went on handful of dates with a guy, and after our last date I decided not to initiate any more (it was like 50% me before) and see what he does
Ask For Advice