Thread: what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

Exclamation what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

my dad worked in the medical field for 30 years as a respiratoy therapist. he recently got let go due to performance issues, he says he was burnt out. Also, he used to drink alot so he brain doesn't work like it used to. he is now looking to get a new job. what are some entery level jobs that an older person can get and make more than minimum wage with no experience?

bump. I really need advice thanks

I've heard Walmart and Home Depot are hiring older workers for entry level jobs. But I doubt they pay much more than minimum wage.

OMG, i feel sorry for your dad. It will be very difficult for him to work at an entry level job. For 30 years in the same field, he would be better off trying to stay in that field. If he was let go because of "drinking" he should have a chance to correct that habit and have the company support him. Most companies has policies drawn up to help the people that work for them. With regulations to unfair employment to human right advocates. I would spend more effort in finding out the reason why was terminated. If company says because of his "alcoholism", ask them if he can retain his job or stay within the company after he finishes rehab. It may all be complicated because policies are hard to understand. I would greatly advice to getting legal advice, if you cannot afford one, try legal aid.

For a person working that many years, no person can expect them to return to work at an entry-level position. I wouldn't hire your dad, because I know that is not the best thing for him. But if you say he has been bouncing off jobs to jobs, and the longest period he has work for a company is 5 years, then that's a different story. Seek legal help, for wrongful termination and violating his human rights!

Top Threads
The battle of the generations....
First off, I will try not to "stir the pot" too much with the points in this post. There are forums where you can do that without any consequence
Will I need psychiatry degree in order to do family counseling?
Hi Everyone and thanks for reading. Fellow member in need of some help and advice. This is my first thread since I started here. I know that most
How to go back to school at 40
Hello. Looking for input out there. I am ready for something different. I want to go back to school and become an accountant. I don't know how I can
Relationship Entitlement? (money question)
Hello, I am at a cross roads with my relationship. I'd like to get some insight on whether or not it's my own feelings of relationship
I have seniority and my hours are getting cut
I've been at my job for 5 years. I used to love being here. Took any schedule regardless of the times and didn't mind because I just loved being

online counseling
Featured Threads
Need feedback, criticism from the men here *long*
I want to vent cuz this is bugging the hell out of me me even though I should be happy to move on. I want the perspective of men here because I feel
Should I be concernd about my ex's guy being around my son?
I was married to the girl of my dreams for 16 years until she met a guy in a cooking chatroom. The question I have is can I trust this guy with our
Struggling to figure out if she likes me or not?
I really fancy her and I still struggle with all the attraction sign things. I chose to sit at the table that I knew she'd be, because her friend
So having dinner with my ex tonight.
Recap: We dated nearly two years. I dumped him by email -- which was crappy of me, but I don't do conflict well. He was never able to say he loved
2 dates but now a new girl on the scene.
Been a while since I posted here, had a break from dating really, off all OLD and just thought I'd let fate do its thing. about a month ago I got
What are the chances that she could have gotten pregnant?
I met up with an ex from 5 years ago and in the heat of the moment we had unprotected sex. Now here are the facts: - She is 27, I'm 29. - She
Marrying someone with different level of religion understanding
Say, you're an orthodox religious man and your potential spouse has the same religion as you but with much lower level of practice and knowledge