Ask For Advice

Thread: what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

greysfan

Exclamation what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

my dad worked in the medical field for 30 years as a respiratoy therapist. he recently got let go due to performance issues, he says he was burnt out. Also, he used to drink alot so he brain doesn't work like it used to. he is now looking to get a new job. what are some entery level jobs that an older person can get and make more than minimum wage with no experience?

thanks

greysfan
    bump. I really need advice thanks

stella74
    I've heard Walmart and Home Depot are hiring older workers for entry level jobs. But I doubt they pay much more than minimum wage.

Squiggy
    OMG, i feel sorry for your dad. It will be very difficult for him to work at an entry level job. For 30 years in the same field, he would be better off trying to stay in that field. If he was let go because of "drinking" he should have a chance to correct that habit and have the company support him. Most companies has policies drawn up to help the people that work for them. With regulations to unfair employment to human right advocates. I would spend more effort in finding out the reason why was terminated. If company says because of his "alcoholism", ask them if he can retain his job or stay within the company after he finishes rehab. It may all be complicated because policies are hard to understand. I would greatly advice to getting legal advice, if you cannot afford one, try legal aid.

For a person working that many years, no person can expect them to return to work at an entry-level position. I wouldn't hire your dad, because I know that is not the best thing for him. But if you say he has been bouncing off jobs to jobs, and the longest period he has work for a company is 5 years, then that's a different story. Seek legal help, for wrongful termination and violating his human rights!

Top Threads
Hubby wants to change trades
My husband wants to go back to being an officer in the military. He is presently in the military and has been since 1986. He resigned his commission
Taking Out Important Customers - What to Wear and How to Entertain?
So I volunteered to wine and dine some important customers at my new job. I have been here a month and know very little about my company and their
I work at Uber for $300 a week, and I'm paying for a millionaire's taxes
Yes, i know the title sounds absurd and probably sounds like something a troll would write, but it's 100% true. I'm a partial owner of a S Corp
How to handle boss/work situation? :(
I am currently just entering my second tri of pregnancy. The job I have was originally a PT position , as I was in university up til spring. It felt

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My boyfriend doesn't text me as much anymore?
My boyfriend would text me everyday all day and now he won't text me first anymore or at all sometimes. Last night he stopped replying to my text so
Is she the rebound
If he leaves a 17 year relationship to date his High School Sweetheart from 32 years ago, is she a rebound ?
I want to break NC after almost 2 months to invite my ex gf to a concert
We have been in NC for almost 2 months after being together for 6 years. She stopped responding to a text i sent her. I saw she was interested in
Online dating, and why it doesn't work well for most men
We discussed this before, and for some reason people got personal and mean about it. So I have no intention of returning to this thread, but I wanted
PLEASE HELP, boyfriend talks to mom 4-5 times per day, very odd relationship....
Hi guys, Always been hesitant to post my personal business online. Anyways... here it goes... So my boyfriend is amazing...(just to throw this
Hurtful joking
My bf jokes about things that are very hurtful. Today was probably one of the most hurtful. He tried to grab my breasts and he does this a lot. He's
He dumped me and won't return my stuff
So I was seeing a guy for a short amount of time. Out of the blue....he blocked me? Fair enough, I get the message, I think it's rude but
Ask For Advice