Ask For Advice

Thread: what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

greysfan

Exclamation what's a good job for a 59 year old man???

my dad worked in the medical field for 30 years as a respiratoy therapist. he recently got let go due to performance issues, he says he was burnt out. Also, he used to drink alot so he brain doesn't work like it used to. he is now looking to get a new job. what are some entery level jobs that an older person can get and make more than minimum wage with no experience?

thanks

greysfan
    bump. I really need advice thanks

stella74
    I've heard Walmart and Home Depot are hiring older workers for entry level jobs. But I doubt they pay much more than minimum wage.

Squiggy
    OMG, i feel sorry for your dad. It will be very difficult for him to work at an entry level job. For 30 years in the same field, he would be better off trying to stay in that field. If he was let go because of "drinking" he should have a chance to correct that habit and have the company support him. Most companies has policies drawn up to help the people that work for them. With regulations to unfair employment to human right advocates. I would spend more effort in finding out the reason why was terminated. If company says because of his "alcoholism", ask them if he can retain his job or stay within the company after he finishes rehab. It may all be complicated because policies are hard to understand. I would greatly advice to getting legal advice, if you cannot afford one, try legal aid.

For a person working that many years, no person can expect them to return to work at an entry-level position. I wouldn't hire your dad, because I know that is not the best thing for him. But if you say he has been bouncing off jobs to jobs, and the longest period he has work for a company is 5 years, then that's a different story. Seek legal help, for wrongful termination and violating his human rights!

Top Threads
I am finding my way!
Okay life is improving and I am one happy lady! Today I received an offer for a job that I'm excited about, and they are excited to have me join on
Feel like I can't find my way
I'm no longer working since school is over. After the semester ends you can no longer work anymore. I don't have much money to move out of my college
To apply with residency or without residency?
Hi. I have decided to get my masters. I have found the program I'd like to attend. It offers an online and an in person program. The University

Featured Threads
Controlling or very opinionated?
Hi, my name is Michael. I came here for some advice on my girlfriend and I's relationship. I am 17 and she is 16 and we've been dating for just shy
Women who prefer/only date younger men
I am dating a woman who is 9 years older than me. However, going after younger guys doesn't appear to be her pattern. In fact, the age difference
Still feels like the first day...
Long long story short.. I'll Coles notes it. I meet the love of my life at a gig I was playing, we ended up not spending a single night apart for
My partner and I have different goals, values, and thinking, should we continue?
My partner and I met a couple years ago when she moved to the city I lived in. We had shared a group of friends but never really knew each other
I'm hurt and not sure what to do ...
So ,this is my first time posting here ,but My mother always said it helps to write things down .So here it goes ! ^^ For a couple of weeks now
Who Am I and What do I Want?
Hi everyone, and thanks for reading this. At the moment I feel like I am having some sort of identity crisis, whilst not knowing what I want for
Is it wrong that I still talk to my ex boyfriend?
My ex boyfriend dumped me last week because he was pressuring me to have sex and I wasn't ready to have sex and he keeps calling and texting me every
Ask For Advice