LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: shadows

Originally Posted by 90_hour_sleep
    ...... because it is both nothing and everything all at once.........

bu
    ....isn't that nirvana??? Getting Ready for a First Date

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by elcie
    ....isn't that nirvana???
    is it?!?! lol. what song?

ha.

Platinum Member
    Not sure if Elcie means Nirvana - Kurt Cobain - or the hindu state of Nirvana - the state of blowing out of greed, hatred and delusion. It's meant to be a spiritual thing.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Silverbirch
    Not sure if Elcie means Nirvana - Kurt Cobain - or the hindu state of Nirvana - the state of blowing out of greed, hatred and delusion. It's meant to be a spiritual thing.
    lol...

but the band route is more fun.

actually remember thinking about nirvana the band when i first read about nirvana the 'place' (state of being). to me...it's always meant the end of suffering. stranger still...it changed the music for me when i saw it that way. a whole new element...

Yes.... I meant Nirvana the Buddhist state of being.

Your writing, sleepy, gives me a sense of what that would be like!... Hey, that's enough flattery for now!!

....but I agree, the band route is more fun!

Platinum Member
    More fun . . . poor darling shot himself in the head. What a waste - a beautiful soul too he was.

Originally Posted by Silverbirch
    More fun . . . poor darling shot himself in the head. What a waste - a beautiful soul too he was.
    When someone that sensitive, and already fragile, was thrust into the world of corporate rock, fame and material wealth, it must have been overpowering.

When you are, by nature, a seeker, what happens when you find, what everyone else deems, success; and not find happiness. What else is there to find? Who knows what made him seek oblivion? I must admit, I haven't read his story, but I love his music.....especially "Come as You Are"
    Last edited by elcie; 06-22-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Platinum Member
    I wasn't into his music Elcie, but I have this DVD, don't remember the name of it offhand, but it is a documentary about the grunge groups in Seattle in the 80's. There's a large part of it about Kurt Cobain, and after seeing it, I greatly admire him and think he was beautiful. From what I can make out, one of the reasons he suicided was that he believed he had completely compromised his values by becoming manufactured by the music industry and capitalism. In particular, the clothese that he wore which he'd bought from supermarkets became copied by designers and sold up at enormously marked up prices. He was also using a lot of drugs. He was a gifted artists (painting and drawing) and also a poet I believe. A really gifted and sensitve person. If he was alive, or from wherever he is today, he would be immensely proud of his daughter Frances who appears to have inherited some of his creative talents and I think she's a lovely soul too.

Platinum Member
    shame...so much shame. hahahahaha!!! ''i'm right, you're wrong...SHUT UP!"

you know something...i think shame makes the world go around. it's the most interesting dynamic on this forum as far as i'm concerned. and i have a funny feeling this place is fairly representitive of the 'real' world. i've been noticing especially a few of the more prominent posters who resort (shamefully )to shaming on a regular basis. can't say i much approve of that. but who am i to dictate what's right. people often arrive on this doorstep feeling ashamed. and perhaps it's on account of that unconscious proclamation that they are so viciously assaulted (and i do believe it to be JUST that...a vicious assault). obviously there's a place in this world for that particular kind of behaviour...but i'd be remiss if i weren't to point out how truly self-defeating it is to engage in such behaviour. not only toxic to the shamer...but a poisoning force that infiltrates the greater community. the energy resonates with such a sticky quality to it.

''i'm right, you're wrong...SHUT UP!'' poison. humanity has never KNOWN such a poison. forget disease. forget the impending nuclear holocaust. forget attrition. forget corruption. forget war. forget it all. this attitude trumps them all.

a tiny seed...planted at birth...and watered through childhood. it takes hold in adolescence...and becomes solidified in adulthood...poised to become the driving force behind yet another compelling performance of indoctrination. ''i'm right, you're wrong...SHUT UP!''

at a time when i feel a general disconnect from passion on any level...this is perhaps the one thing i am truly passionate about. there's so much projection...and polite 'flaming' that goes on here. and i know it's flaming...because when i've called a poster on it...i'm met by the fiercest resistance!! very telling. very telling indeed.

but that's me. tired of ''i'm right, you're wrong, shut up!'' a bit strange though...considering that it could've been my mantra a bit earlier in life. so...i get you, shamers. i do. i know this shaming business is masked in insecurity of the most unconscious variety. so shame away. shame until you feel you can shame no more. and then...well...shame some more!! shame until the very action breaks you. shame until the act of shaming instills in YOU a feeling of shame. and then...instead of projecting it outwards...let it fill your heart with it's poison. fill your heart with this sensation. ''I AM ASHAMED!'' and then rejoice.

you are free.

i aspire to free my own world of this insidious human creation.

Platinum Member
    Hey I get your post and also about filling one's own heart with shame to then be set free. Well, I guess people are hurting badly when they get here.

Page 3 of 75 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice