Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Sleep Journal #1

-Sanguine-

I have been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately and I want to try to figure out what's up with me... I have trouble falling asleep, but even worse, STAYING asleep. It's so annoying.

Last night: February 23rd

I went to bed at around 9pm, and the last time I looked at the clock would have been around 9:30 so I think I feel asleep within a half hour! That is record time for me. Great!

I woke up around 2am (not sure why, like I said I just don't stay asleep). Went to the bathroom and quickly fell back asleep.

I woke up again around 4:30 and could not fall back asleep until shortly after 5. I have no idea why I woke up or why I couldn't fall back asleep.

After 5am, I know I did not sleep very well. I kept waking up. Probably about 3 or 4 times before it was 6am and my alarm went off. Ugh.

What I wouldn't give to be able to sleep for a full 8 hours! But to be honest, sleeping from 9:30 until 2am was a BIG step for me! Haha.

Let's hope tonight is better..

Night of February 24th

Terrrrrible

Haha, my roommates family came to stay for the weekend and they arrived at around 11pm. I tried to get to bed earlier so that I could be sleeping before they arrived, so I went to be at about 10:15pm... didn't fall asleep until after midnight! Ugh.

I have always had a problem sleeping if there is noise. I HATE it. I am so picky when it comes to this, it drives me crazy. If it's time for bed and I get ready and crawl in and there is noise, there is no way I am going to go to sleep. I even have ear plugs but they never block out all the noise of my neighbors and my roommates family. I tried my I-Pod, too cause sometimes I can drift off to sleep if I am listening to slow music, but it seemed to just keep me up longer.

But the ridiculous thing is that if I am watching TV and I feel tired, and I fall asleep that doesn't bother me. I can do that because there is no pressure to fall asleep, you know? I'm just laying there and my eyes drift shut and that's it. But once I brush my teeth, get my pj's on and hop into bed, it's very clear that it is BEDTIME and therefore I think I have problems falling asleep because I over think it. (Imagine that, I over think things?!!) haha... I feel like a little kid who needs certain routines before bed. It's soooo annoying. I hate being that person who wants to ask people to keep it down (I don't, usually because I know it's not fair). Like if my roommate is on the phone with her bf (her room is next to mine), I will go out and sleep on the couch cause there is no way I will fall asleep listening to them talk.

UGHHH. It's all in my head. I remember laying in bed last night saying to myself "please fall asleep, please fall asleep". Haha, that doesn't help at all... gah.

So I fell asleep after midnight and woke up at 3am (no idea why, once again) and then I woke up again at 5am, an hour before I had to be up.

I gotta stop thinking about it. I'm just psyching myself out.

Archived