It's been a bit since I've even come on enotalone, so long that I forgot my username!

So what have I been doing? I've been living my life and moving on. Something happened a few weeks ago: my ex texted me again. My reaction? Annoyance, frustration, etc. I finally wasn't getting my hopes up, instead I was angry that I even had to deal with those emotions! Instead of feeling sentimental, I got indignant. Like, "Um, you broke up with ME. GO AWAY."

I joined a dating site. At first it was really hard, but then I started to enjoy myself. I started to feel flirty again, attractive again, etc. I wasn't using these men as rebounds at all. I was just simply meeting new people. In fact, I met a guy I actually got excited about! I don't think anything will come of it, and I'm totally fine with that. What matters is that I met someone else who I clicked with.

I think we're all under the impression that our ex was the end all, be all. And while I haven't fallen in love with anyone else, I've regained the most important thing there is: Me.

Also, just because you "move on" -- at least in my experience -- you don't villianize your ex. I don't hate my ex at all. A part of me still loves him, and maybe is still in love with him. But you realize you can live without them.

Hey pillow talk, I met someone I'm interested in getting to know and I get excited to talk to him. I'm looking forward to meeting new people and flirt a little...nothing serious. This guy is adventurous it seems and I like that haha. Honestly, I haven't thought of my ex that much anymore! I still love him and I might always will in some way or another, I miss him, but well...I don't know. I've accepted we are likely to not be together again but I hope we have a 2nd shot sometime down the future it'll be so interesting for us to catch up. We ended good terms and NC helped tremendously along with other guys in the picture.

I'm proud of myself for healing quickly actually. I feel like I am somewhat free!

I wish you happiness.

I think it always happens when you realize you have an interest in someone else. I was moving on with my life but having an interest helped a TON of getting my ex off my mind. Now I don't worry about getting back together...I worry about the other guy: what to say, what to wear on a date, where to go, etc. Hehe, kinda exciting and fun.

I would like to stress that you should never date before you are ready. I was completely single for six months before I started dating again, and I think it made a big difference in my experience. The reason I am moving on isn't because of this other guy at all. It's because I was ready to let go of my ex, which let me be open to someone new.

In fact, things are already done with the "new guy," and the fact that I haven't gone back to pining for the ex says a lot!

She's getting her life back, a lot happier, dating around, * * * is your problem? It's not like she's at home crying, being depressed, pining over him wishing he'd come back, etc. She's accepted the break up...moving on doesn't mean you have to stop loving them. She's moving forward with her life and the past isn't holding her back from making good changes.

Archived