Ended it last night..

-Sanguine-

So, the guy I was dating and I decided to call it quits last night. It was completely mutual.. things just weren't fun and his schedule was making things really hard for us. We agreed that we didn't want to end up resenting each other and this wasn't the right way to start a healthy relationship. Ended it completely on good terms, and I am relieved.

Most romantic Valentines Day ever! Hahaha...

Have you ever broken up with someone on Valentines Day or been broken up with?

I think you made the right decision! Better ending it sooner than dragging on in a relationship that is not working for you. You should be proud of yourself because not everyone is as rational and strong as you!

Awe, well thanks. I was worried I would regret it immediately, but I felt the opposite. I feel like a weights been lifted off my shoulders!

I'm glad that you ended things on good terms. Most relationships nowadays aren't mutual at all.

Things will get better..

He was so good about it! He said I was in a pretty bad spot and he didn't blame me. We both agreed we do really like each other, but the timing is just kind of crappy. Oh well, we didn't have too much in common anyway - but I do think he's a great guy.

And thanks! I am actually happier today than I've been in a few days. Yay!

It sounds like you made the right choice.

You can remain being friends, and who knows? Maybe as time progresses, you guys can give it another go - or not. That's the great thing about ending on mutual terms, there's no hard feelings.

Yeah, who knows what will happen. He said he'd like to see me again eventually. I don't know if he meant like as in be his girlfriend or just see me and hang out. Either way, I'm just glad we ended on good terms!

I haven't been in a relationship that ended on Valentine's Day but I have had a rather significant "moment". A couple of years ago I remember sitting at the bottom of the stairs looking at the letter box feeling rather melancholy. A relationship I was "half-in" looked set to end completely and my husband had recently started divorce proceedings. Although I had moved on from my marriage completely it still hurt that all that came through my door on Valentines Day was a rather large wad of papers regarding the divorce. I remember thinking "I'm being divorced by my husband and dumped by my bf ... things can't get much worse than this". Two years on and it is a completely different story .........

I'm glad you guys ended it mutually and on good terms. It rarely happens but it's better when it does.

I've broken up with a guy on valentines day. It was not planned. I was thinking of ending it already (due to poor treatment) and he treated me so poorly on v day (he took me out but spoke cruelly to me and snapped at me Even when I told him to stop). His ego was so bruised when I ended it that night. He was like "you can't break up with me on v day!" and I told him to suck it up and DEAL. God, what a child.

I haven't been in a relationship that ended on Valentine's Day but I have had a rather significant "moment". A couple of years ago I remember sitting at the bottom of the stairs looking at the letter box feeling rather melancholy. A relationship I was "half-in" looked set to end completely and my husband had recently started divorce proceedings. Although I had moved on from my marriage completely it still hurt that all that came through my door on Valentines Day was a rather large wad of papers regarding the divorce. I remember thinking "I'm being divorced by my husband and dumped by my bf ... things can't get much worse than this". Two years on and it is a completely different story .........

Awe, yeah that would definitely be a crappy day... I can't even imagine. But I'm glad it's a different story now, I hope you mean that in a good way!

I'm glad you guys ended it mutually and on good terms. It rarely happens but it's better when it does.

I've broken up with a guy on valentines day. It was not planned. I was thinking of ending it already (due to poor treatment) and he treated me so poorly on v day (he took me out but spoke cruelly to me and snapped at me Even when I told him to stop). His ego was so bruised when I ended it that night. He was like "you can't break up with me on v day!" and I told him to suck it up and DEAL. God, what a child.

Well, sounds like you did the right thing there too! Haha, his reaction to the break up is enough to tell you're better off. He does sound like a child.

Man, I'm so glad the guy I was seeing is actually mature. It almost makes the break up bittersweet cause I know he's a really good guy, but at the same time it is easier this way.

I haven't no, but once I broke up near Mother's day. Does that count?

Valentine's day is a hallmark day and I think people put too much pressure on themselves for the day.

Haha! Near mother's day... well, I guess it counts if you want it to?

I agree, it is a lot of pressure. But to each their own, I guess. I think it can be a nice day, but I don't get bitter about it if I am single. I just enjoy it if I'm with someone.

Awe, yeah that would definitely be a crappy day... I can't even imagine. But I'm glad it's a different story now, I hope you mean that in a good way!

Thank you and, yes, I mean in a good day. I am in a new relationship now ... well I say, new, we have been together two weeks short of a year. We spent the day together yesterday then we had a meal with my girls in the evening. All in all a lovely day and so much better than the last two years!

Thank you and, yes, I mean in a good day. I am in a new relationship now ... well I say, new, we have been together two weeks short of a year. We spent the day together yesterday then we had a meal with my girls in the evening. All in all a lovely day and so much better than the last two years!

Very glad to hear that!

Very glad to hear that!

I like to think that my story can offer a little bit of hope to others who may be in a similar situation to that of mine a few years ago. As my mum used to say to me at the time, when one door closes another one opens ... and she wasn't wrong.

I like to think that my story can offer a little bit of hope to others who may be in a similar situation to that of mine a few years ago. As my mum used to say to me at the time, when one door closes another one opens ... and she wasn't wrong.

I think this is very true.. when you are able to look on the bright side of things. I think when people dwell on the bad things that happen, they miss out on a lot of open doors.

Haha my ex of YEARS broke up with me like a day or two before Valentines Day.... which was right around our anniversary also.

I remember I already ordered a flower bouquet for delivery to her. I called her and was like, "Hey. I just wanted to let you know you're going to get flowers from me for Valentines day. I would have canceled them if I could..."

Needless to say I couldn't cancel them, but I'm glad I let her know I would of if I could of.

Archived