<> coworkers who snitch to bosses based on assumptions

I need to rant to get his off my chest.

I was in a 1 to 1 with my manager today, and he informed me that he needed to tell me that someone had snitched to him saying that during my first hour of work (I go in an hour early and leave an hour early than most people) that I didnt do much.

Luckily for me my boss was on my side and said "i would take it with a huge pinch of salt, thats what I am doing. With this person its a bit of pot calling kettle black, Im not really happy with their work at the moment to be honest."

I just assured him that I did in fact do my work, and that even if I am stuck with something I normally do something else until someone that can help me arrives. I also like to use the 1st hour to catch up on paperwork (which people seem to think u have free time if you are doing). Which he said he thought was fine, especially the paperwork.

He was just giving me a heads up that someone was snitching and to keep my head down, rather than telling me off.

What really annoyed me though, was that there are only 3 people who are around in my area at that time to know what I am doing; one they snitched about aswell so wasnt him, one is a cleaner so doesnt get involved with our stuff, plus i spoke to her, so wasnt her, and the other is my manager who comes in half way through that hour and has an office right by my area and can see my work quite easily.

- so whoever complained wasnt actually around to know wherther I was doing any work or not.

They must have just heard something from someone else, maybe even a harmless comment (like oh she was sitting aroud for 5 mins waiting for...etc), made assumptions, exaggerated it and went off snitching.

Arrrggghh! either get proper proof and get the facts straight or mind your own business!

Why would they feel that was necessary?!

I think the title of the thread says it all.

Perhaps you need to learn how to be less reactive to people in your life who just aren't worth getting all that excited over.

are you saying you wouldnt get upset after you found out someone was trying to get you in trouble when you hadnt done anything wrong?

At work, I don't tell anybody anything I wouldn't want to read about myself in the newspaper.

Same here, we have a lot of gossip at our work place and some people can be so nosy. We are a small enough company that people want to act like we are all friends, which can be a nice environment sometimes but causes a he'll of a lot of problems.

Archived