Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is 3-4 months after the breakup the hardest?

Gallop: I'm not saying that I love him. I just would like to spend time with him and get to know him better. Maybe 'huge crush' was too big of a word, but after meeting him, just thinking about our interaction makes me smile. That is 'my' definition of crush.

Kaglan: I joined when I was going through a breakup with my ex ex, but he contacted me a couple times, and the breakup was not a complete shock. With my current ex, it was a complete shock. He proposed to me, and three months later he dumped me for good. No contact effort whatsoever. He did respond to me the three times I contacted him, and he was supposed to contact me regarding sth an he hasn't talked to me in the past 12 weeks. The sharp contrast in his behavior is very hard to take. But I am learning that there is nothing I can do except moving on...

Also, with the ex ex (who brought me to this forum), we started to talk 3 month after the breakup, and 4 months after the breakup, we were practically dating.... That might be why it's harder at 4 months milestone...

that's better,and makes more sense.
    so if i'll make you smile will you have a "huge crush" on me too? jk

just be careful hon,you two might hit it off without even realizing it,use each other to get over the pain. i know you're telling me otherwise,but that's how those things work.
    but the again,what do i know?

Hey there! I'm currently going through the same thing. Our brain has a weird way of trying to heal us and it's perfectly normal to having setbacks. Take as much time as you need so you can heal completely rather than date someone else while you still want to get back to your ex because you'll end up regretting. Not only will it hurt him/her, it will hurt you in the process too. Good luck! I hope you for the best recovery and we'll get through this together!

Same thing here too. It's been almost 4 months. I've met someone else and I'm happy for the distraction, but I know that's what he is. I'm doing everything I can to "let go" because that's what the ex told me I had to do. Like you, I'm also starting to realize this is exactly what he wanted. He's probably happy and could care less how I feel any more. I only have myself now, so I'm doing whatever I can do to keep my life moving forward.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice