Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal Steps for Bullying?

i agree with enrolling him in a martial arts class. i think it can help him with his confidence and social development. and then he has the confidence to stand up for himself.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by annie24
    i agree with enrolling him in a martial arts class. i think it can help him with his confidence and social development. and then he has the confidence to stand up for himself.
    That is if he will go. He is pretty picky about what he wants to do and at 13 I can hardly force him.

To his credit though the principal has said he has been very mature about everything and has even tried to be friends with the bully ring leader.

You said something about 'they' would not like it if parents talk to each other. WHO CARES what 'they' like or not (I assume they is the school). They have failed to protect your son on school property and frankly they no longer have a say of what you do or don't do at this point! If YOU think talking to the parents can help you should do it. You never know your impression of the parents may be wrong.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by hike14
    You said something about 'they' would not like it if parents talk to each other. WHO CARES what 'they' like or not (I assume they is the school). They have failed to protect your son on school property and frankly they no longer have a say of what you do or don't do at this point! If YOU think talking to the parents can help you should do it. You never know your impression of the parents may be wrong.
    If I knew who they were. I do not know anyone here and I do not think the school is going to hand over their phone numbers. That is against their privacy.

If you can't change the system and you don't have options to change schools then I do agree he'll have to defend himself.

See if there's a school for practical Wing-Chun (or Wing Tsun) classes. I highly recommend it. They were designed more for actual application for self defense without learning all the forms that would take years to perfect. Very effective when he has to get out of a bad situation in seconds. When I used to take the class back in Seattle it was taught by one of Bruce Lee's good friend. Their philosophy was to take down the attacker in two seconds or less. It was popular among women too as their self defense strategies were very effective. It was a very fun class which if he can make new friends it can only encourage him.

I understand he has ADHD which I know with some form of ADD/ADHD myself it did help a lot to calm the mind and have better focus in many ways.

Originally Posted by Victoria66
    If I knew who they were. I do not know anyone here and I do not think the school is going to hand over their phone numbers. That is against their privacy.
    does your son know the names of the boys? you can find out their parents that way.

Originally Posted by Victoria66
    That is if he will go. He is pretty picky about what he wants to do and at 13 I can hardly force him.

To his credit though the principal has said he has been very mature about everything and has even tried to be friends with the bully ring leader.
    have you talked to him about the pros of taking a self-defense course or martial arts? true, i guess you can't FORCE him, but maybe you can give him incentives to go? like if he attends the class weekly, he gets a raise in his allowance? or maybe just having more self-confidence. so that if he gets bullied again, he has the confidence to defend himself. maybe even the fact that he takes martial arts might be enough to keep some boys away from bothering him?

does your son know the names of the boys? you can find out their parents that way.
    I got the names off his class picture. He does not remember names well. Unfortunately what do I do then start calling all those last names in the phone book? I am not saying it rudely really, I am more exasperated at the situation.

I think though if there is another incident I am going to call the police because it is utterly ridiculous.

Although I agree it is a good idea to give your son courage and encourage him to defend himself I don't think you should rely solely on this. I really think you should make sure you put an end to this.

have you talked to him about the pros of taking a self-defense course or martial arts? true, i guess you can't FORCE him, but maybe you can give him incentives to go? like if he attends the class weekly, he gets a raise in his allowance? or maybe just having more self-confidence. so that if he gets bullied again, he has the confidence to defend himself. maybe even the fact that he takes martial arts might be enough to keep some boys away from bothering him?
    Haha if only bribery worked with him. It doesn't. If he is not going to do something he just won't no matter what you offer.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice