Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Legal Steps for Bullying?

Childern should ofcourse be protected from bullying, nobody should have to go through that. But, i growing man must know how to handle himself in my opinion, sending a child to a martial arts class teaches them to take care of themselves. Anyone who thinks this will create a violent, fighting type doesnt know anything about martial arts. Sure, many guys and gals go into proffessional fighting. But at the ned of the day martial arts is abbout self respect, self discipline, and respect for others. The saying goes if you know how to fight, you will never have to.

Its like the animal kingdom, the parents of the young protect them from danger, but the cubs have got to learn the ropes if they are to grow up strong individuals, if they ar eto cope with life and become balanced.

Back on topic though, im glad that things are looking brighter Victoria66. Keep us updated.

Platinum Member
    We're not in the animal kingdom. We fought our way out of the animal kingdom and built a human kingdom to live in.

If my kid wants to do martial arts, alrighty then. But the responsibility for the safety of my son is mine, and I could never tell my own child that he was responsible for beating up the bullies.

If my kid ends up in prison or in a street gang, it will be necessary for him to learn some serious street fighting moves. I don't think those skills are necessary for where I expect him to end up, therefore I expect him to do well on his grades, and that's the only reason he's in school.

Originally Posted by generaldiscord
    We're not in the animal kingdom. We fought our way out of the animal kingdom and built a human kingdom to live in.

If my kid wants to do martial arts, alrighty then. But the responsibility for the safety of my son is mine, and I could never tell my own child that he was responsible for beating up the bullies.

If my kid ends up in prison or in a street gang, it will be necessary for him to learn some serious street fighting moves. I don't think those skills are necessary for where I expect him to end up, therefore I expect him to do well on his grades, and that's the only reason he's in school.
    I thank you for backing me on FogIsFree's thread where i was attcked for trying to help.

We are still in the animal kingdom though genraldiscord, believe me we are. If you look at the psychology of human nature it is no dofferent to that of animals, we are still animals, we loose sight of this with all our technology, wrapping our nature in fancy packaging, but the core is still the same. If your son doenst want to do martial arts thats fine, he shpould be his own man and do what he feels right, that is what lifes all about, that is strength. BUt, do you realise that martial arts isnt just about fighting? True martial artists, missing out comabat sport fighters, are in touch with their spirit so to speek, they are more at peace than anyone on this planet. It is therapy of the mind and body, it is all about respect. Learning serious street fighting moves as you say isnt going to help him outside of fighting, but martail arts gives focus to your mind and can make you a better person, as you respect yourself, others and your environment.

My opinion, this is my experience. You do what feels right for your and your kids, i agree, focus them to do well on their grades.

Platinum Member
    I agree that martial arts can teach a variety of skills, and I'm not opposed to it, but I believe that in todays world, a well run school can teach many more valuable skills.

Martial arts take years to master. If you have a boy who is getting kicked in the stomach at recess, sending him to martial arts school won't help. Every time his head is flushed down the toilet he looses more self confidence than he could gain in years of martial arts training. Every time he's forced to scream some humiliating phrase to stop from having his hand crushed, he's crushed in mind and in body. Martial arts is not a replacement for protection. Martial arts is something you can offer IN ADDITION to a safe and intellectually stimulating school experience.

Originally Posted by generaldiscord
    I agree that martial arts can teach a variety of skills, and I'm not opposed to it, but I believe that in todays world, a well run school can teach many more valuable skills.

Martial arts take years to master. If you have a boy who is getting kicked in the stomach at recess, sending him to martial arts school won't help. Every time his head is flushed down the toilet he looses more self confidence than he could gain in years of martial arts training. Every time he's forced to scream some humiliating phrase to stop from having his hand crushed, he's crushed in mind and in body. Martial arts is not a replacement for protection. Martial arts is something you can offer IN ADDITION to a safe and intellectually stimulating school experience.
    Yes, you are right. When i said about martial arts to Victoria66 for her son i was meaning it as a long term confidence builder. The school is to blame for thses bulliew, also the parenst of these bullies. But, school is not more valuable than martial arts, martial arts is form of life, it is a life. School is only a start to life, it gives some basica that you need in this world.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Excuse me I DO protect my son and I have intervened. Read the whole thread please. I always protect my son. I AM a very good parent and I have ALWAYS looked after my child and you would know that had you read anything in this thread and knew anything about me. Everyone who knows me has remarked that I am exceptional mother and a very loving mother and that includes principals and teachers and many others. I am very secure in my parenting and my son has had no other issues since the school has dealt with this. It is really unfair to make a judgment of someone's parenting or to say that I do not care that my son is bullied. That is BS. I care very much for my son and very much for all children. If I did not care would I be asking what legal steps to take? If I did not care would I have been sitting in the principal's office demanding they do something?Wow...thanks.
    Last edited by ~Seraphim ~; 02-11-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Thread closed, per member request.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Give Advice
Ask For Advice