Ask For Advice

Thread: What is the best way to get over something that has pissed you off?

MyNinja

What is the best way to get over something that has pissed you off?

I'm sort of a sensitive soul and when someone says something to me that may have offended or upset me I tend to stay irritated for awhile. I try to do things to get my mind off of whatever that upset me like playing my piano, going for a jog, writing or watching something funny on tv, but sometimes these activities don't help.

This can get debilitating and it stresses me out and can ruin a perfectly good day. Controlling your thoughts isn't all that easy sometimes and I do my best to keep them in check, but I am human and can get a bit weak at times. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Until we meet again...

The_Seeker
    That's a good question.

- Cars and Boys
    - Make pretty cupcakes
    - Cars and Boys
    - Paint
    - Cars and Boys
    - Working on my assignments in the library
    - Did I mention cars and boys?

LOL I like cars. Boys :] just a fun way to talk to and get my mind off of things.

annie24
    i'm sort of like that too. sometimes i try to put myself in the other person's shoes and try to understand why they did what they did. half the time it's because they were just being careless, not necessarily trying to hurt you. sometimes, it's just not worth the grey hairs it will cause. sometimes sleeping helps. i feel better usually the next morning.

MyNinja
    Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...

The_Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by mo'Nique [Register to see the link]
    Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...
    omggg i could go for a cinnamon rolls right now!

MasterPo
    I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P

The_Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPo [Register to see the link]
    I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P
    Danish cheese! Ok tomorrow, I'm officially going to celebrate the lunar new year and eat all the desserts.

Totally getting strawberry cheesecake. LOL

annie24
    cinnabon disappoints me. it always smells better than it tastes.

MyNinja
    The trick with the cinnabon cinnamon is that you have to eat it almost immediately after they are out of the oven and only put a small amount of the icing. Cook them slowly and only let the bottom get light brown. They are delicious they way I bake them. The ones from the bakery kinda suck, lol

Until we meet again...

petite
    Sometimes we just have to sulk it out and other times meditation and yoga do wonders.

Top Threads
Obsessions over celebrities
I was wondering if anyone else gets obsessive about certain celebrities. Not just liking them, but wanting to know everything about them and their
Has anyone ever had conflict between their head and gut feeling/spirituality??
Has anyone ever had conflict between what their gut feeling/spirituality is telling them and what their brain is telling them? OK, so my ex and I
Teacher/Doctor May be hitting on me???
A lot of intense spiritual coincidences have happened between us but I've realized that, over time, some of his comments have been slightly
Physical abuse versus emotional abuse
My partner lied and cheated on me over and over again during our 3 years relationship. There were many times he disappear for weeks after an
Co-worker is friendly and unfriendly interchangeably.
Back story - she has worked at my employer for a few years and only in the last five months that we began speaking to each other, nothing major just
Help: 'Love is a battlefield'
About two years ago a Co-worker and I met and had lunch together. I was immediately attracted. However, she is in a lesbian relationship. At that
Switch feeling off for a while?
I have been having a cocktail of feeling. mostly sad emotions for a time longer than I can take after my terrible breakup. I have had enough dealing

Featured Threads
Who is in the wrong?
This person isn't really a "friend" she is 24+ years older than me. I have a feeling I'm getting taken advantage of because of my age. I started
I became engaged with a girl who calls herself a "free spirit"......need clarity
I met a wonderful and bright girl 3.5 years ago and she by far stole my heart. She is appositely beautiful, funny, intelligent and outgoing. She is
Has anyone ever totally given up on finding love?
Hello everyone! Well I been wanting to post this for a few weeks now. I don't really know how to say it or word it. But, who here has or knows
Today "should" have been our 6 year anniversary
Today was suppose to be our 6th year together. Today is the first time on this date that we are not together. We made this date a big deal
Shoud I break up because my girlfriend hooked up with my cousin in t
I'm jealous because my girlfriend had casual sex with my cousin before she met me. We've been dating for a year, she's very funny, caring, sexy
I'm in love with my co-worker 😥
My coworker and I started working together about 10 months ago. We work closely together all day just the two of us mainly. From the day he started
Aggressive Courting
There's this girl I really, really like, and would really want to be in a relationship with. Unfortunately, recently I messed up, and now I think she
Ask For Advice