Ask For Advice

Thread: What is the best way to get over something that has pissed you off?

MyNinja

What is the best way to get over something that has pissed you off?

I'm sort of a sensitive soul and when someone says something to me that may have offended or upset me I tend to stay irritated for awhile. I try to do things to get my mind off of whatever that upset me like playing my piano, going for a jog, writing or watching something funny on tv, but sometimes these activities don't help.

This can get debilitating and it stresses me out and can ruin a perfectly good day. Controlling your thoughts isn't all that easy sometimes and I do my best to keep them in check, but I am human and can get a bit weak at times. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Until we meet again...

The_Seeker
    That's a good question.

- Cars and Boys
    - Make pretty cupcakes
    - Cars and Boys
    - Paint
    - Cars and Boys
    - Working on my assignments in the library
    - Did I mention cars and boys?

LOL I like cars. Boys :] just a fun way to talk to and get my mind off of things.

annie24
    i'm sort of like that too. sometimes i try to put myself in the other person's shoes and try to understand why they did what they did. half the time it's because they were just being careless, not necessarily trying to hurt you. sometimes, it's just not worth the grey hairs it will cause. sometimes sleeping helps. i feel better usually the next morning.

MyNinja
    Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...

The_Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by mo'Nique [Register to see the link]
    Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...
    omggg i could go for a cinnamon rolls right now!

MasterPo
    I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P

The_Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPo [Register to see the link]
    I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P
    Danish cheese! Ok tomorrow, I'm officially going to celebrate the lunar new year and eat all the desserts.

Totally getting strawberry cheesecake. LOL

annie24
    cinnabon disappoints me. it always smells better than it tastes.

MyNinja
    The trick with the cinnabon cinnamon is that you have to eat it almost immediately after they are out of the oven and only put a small amount of the icing. Cook them slowly and only let the bottom get light brown. They are delicious they way I bake them. The ones from the bakery kinda suck, lol

Until we meet again...

petite
    Sometimes we just have to sulk it out and other times meditation and yoga do wonders.

Top Threads
Crazy in love or legit?
I have been talking to this really nice gentleman thru Skype and FaceTime or WhatsApp every single day. We have a lot in common and the same age
Disconnect
This might sound weird I never brought it up to anyone. Does anyone else feel a huge disconnect. What I mean I always feel like I'm just reading a
Is it me?
Ok. So. I can't really deal with being around my mother anymore. I feel like she takes her frustrations out on me. For example, she worries about
did i say the wrong thing? confused
I really have been dating with a girl and 3 days back was the first time we spend time at my place. We were having a good time launging and playing
What should I do?
So there's this girl, ( but isn't that how the story always goes.. ) but I'm not sure if mine is your typical "Boy meets Girl" kind of story. I'm in
Bringing Up the Past
Hi and thank you for reading this. I need some advice - possibly on a legal note. Somebody I know sent a close relative of mine a nasty
Work and fun
So there's this guy i interact with at work... He is very business like at work and I'm kind of the same. Its all mono-tone and serious and

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice