Ask For Advice

Thread: What is the best way to get over something that has pissed you off?

MyNinja

What is the best way to get over something that has pissed you off?

I'm sort of a sensitive soul and when someone says something to me that may have offended or upset me I tend to stay irritated for awhile. I try to do things to get my mind off of whatever that upset me like playing my piano, going for a jog, writing or watching something funny on tv, but sometimes these activities don't help.

This can get debilitating and it stresses me out and can ruin a perfectly good day. Controlling your thoughts isn't all that easy sometimes and I do my best to keep them in check, but I am human and can get a bit weak at times. any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Until we meet again...

The_Seeker
    That's a good question.

- Cars and Boys
    - Make pretty cupcakes
    - Cars and Boys
    - Paint
    - Cars and Boys
    - Working on my assignments in the library
    - Did I mention cars and boys?

LOL I like cars. Boys :] just a fun way to talk to and get my mind off of things.

annie24
    i'm sort of like that too. sometimes i try to put myself in the other person's shoes and try to understand why they did what they did. half the time it's because they were just being careless, not necessarily trying to hurt you. sometimes, it's just not worth the grey hairs it will cause. sometimes sleeping helps. i feel better usually the next morning.

MyNinja
    Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...

The_Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by mo'Nique [Register to see the link]
    Its good to know I'm not the only one. I will try to put myself in their shoes and not concentrate on myself all the time. The_Seeker gave me an idea to get cinnamon rolls after saw that she mentioned cupcakes, lol

Until we meet again...
    omggg i could go for a cinnamon rolls right now!

MasterPo
    I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P

The_Seeker
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPo [Register to see the link]
    I would suggest an environment. When something really gets to me, I go to this particular restaurant and sometimes just sit and order coffee and danish. Something about the colors and decor that calms me the hell down. I have a few spots and if whatever was particularly harsh I will visit them all. Somewhere along the way the unrest goes away.

Exercise and cinnabon work too! :P
    Danish cheese! Ok tomorrow, I'm officially going to celebrate the lunar new year and eat all the desserts.

Totally getting strawberry cheesecake. LOL

annie24
    cinnabon disappoints me. it always smells better than it tastes.

MyNinja
    The trick with the cinnabon cinnamon is that you have to eat it almost immediately after they are out of the oven and only put a small amount of the icing. Cook them slowly and only let the bottom get light brown. They are delicious they way I bake them. The ones from the bakery kinda suck, lol

Until we meet again...

petite
    Sometimes we just have to sulk it out and other times meditation and yoga do wonders.

Top Threads
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
Should i end a marriage over this??
Honestly i was one to think id never have to post about something like this. Like most couples i felt that i could trust my wife. I was able to talk
Turning 36
So Im turning 36 and Im feeling a little lost and behinde and running out of time. Might be just one of those times. But I feel like ok Im
depressed beyond any help
i shower once every 3 weeks. i don't talk to anybody unless they speak to me first. i put no effort into anything (looks, art, etc.) and i sleep
We cope differently. I get it. He doesn't.
So my boyfriend (24) and I (21) have been dating for about 10 months now, but we have known each other for over 3 years as friends. While we are
I need help
So on October 7 my boy friend asked for a break and we haven't really been talking like we use to or texting like if we see each other at work we
Feelings of shame and depression
I'm a first poster on here and I'm desperate for advice/reassurance. I have just got back from a few days abroad for my friends wedding with my

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
My (ex?) girlfriend has anorexia and it probably destroyed our relationship - what to do?
Hello. I would like to tell my story. I am a 22 year-old male dating an 18 year-old female, though we have probably broken up today. This is
Question about how I should handle the finances in my marriage
I recently married my bf of 5 years and we are expecting a baby early next year. Since then I've found out some rather disturbing things about his
married now found out she cheated while we were dating Im so confused help
We have been married 2 years and dated a long time before we were married (16yrs) 5 years into our relationship my wife , then gf went on a cruise
Wanting To Be With Loved One In After-Life
Has anyone who has ever lost a loved one with whom they were extremely close and loved dearly ever thought about taking his/her own life so as to be
Does everyone have some positive qualities?
Since the day I had been dumped (got dumped in April and after all the failed efforts to reconcile, accepted his decision in mid July). I feel I am a
I it wrong to date my sister's ex boyfriend?
My sister was dating a guy for two month, and me and her bf start being friends until they broke up.....i have feelings for him and he also loves me
She left me because she thinks I'm dumb
I have been in relationship with this girl and moved to her country 3 months ago and lately things are going pretty bad and she is seeking for a
Ask For Advice