Having BIg life problems...questions

ATLstudent

My head is all over the place...well not really...but i guess i feel distracted because i am a college student but my head is in other places.

Just got done with a play, do some acting......as well I want to start a band....any how......i am really struggling with staying in class and keep my motivation and energy in class.......I am the type who really has to be focused and motivated to do well and enjoy it and generally make good grades......And i guess i am having doubts about life and what i am doing with it.

I really wanna chase that dream inside....to be an actor....or by in a band.....I know everyone has these at times...or has.....but i still do and they are very prominent....and i do act of them with some success...good at acting...and decent at guitar.....started putting out ads and contacts for getting band together......ANyway my head and motivation and heart....tell me to follow this path...that i need to do this....that even writing about all this here is some cope out, some attempt to ease the struggle i am having and postpone or repress those feelings of wanting to drop out of school and follow acting and music....and my art.......I do get to do art in school but i think its something i could do on my own, and dont necessarily need a degree for.....\

It feels like and in wonder if this is that metaphorical ledge or cliff in life that i am standing on the edge of, pondering whether or not to jump.......it feels like...i suspect it is that.....I am too scared or to fearful of dropping at of school ....i am scared of abandoning the safety it gives my....the sense of security....i mean i need to be done but its gonna be at least two more years until i graduate.....I dunno.....and i am doing good in school or was.....i am on the deans list and really enjoyed it last semester...the thing is im having these doubts and other outside motivations...my heart is somewhere else....and i am just depressed when i am at school because of it...i think others notice....like i dont want to be there..... * * *

ATLstudent I can only go by my gut, and others that I have met in my life. My opinion from what you have shared is that you are going through a cycle of some doubts and feeling down, being that your highly talented and sensitive being both an actor and musician, you are more intune with what your feeling inside. Looking from the outside it is too easy for me to say, STAY IN SCHOOL! I feel that you can continue acting/music which are passions you should follow! But finish your education even though your not excited about it right now. Wish I had some insight to help you! I just believe that education is NEVER a waste of time, even if you don't see it helping you directly with your lifes passions. The very best of luck my talented friend!

The other part i have this....the time is now feeling.....like its this moment, when the decision is tuff.....that i have to decide.....i dunno im 25.....i feel like 27 is a late start....not much later but its like i have the wind in my sails and the passion and the belief that i will suceed with these things....so i just feels like i have to make this move now....but i havent done it yet and i guess...i dunno

How much school do you have left? Can you pursue your dreams and still take classes? Maybe try taking classes part-time and pursue your dreams full-time. Pick one thing to focus on however acting or the band because it will be very consuming whichever one you choose. There are auditions, practices, etc. If you're working towards your goals you'll be more focused on your studies as well. What are you majoring in at college? Is it related to your dreams? It should be.

Archived