Ask For Advice

Thread: Deceased one Facebook Birthday Message

HESJUSTSTUPID

Deceased one Facebook Birthday Message

I want to write something nice on a friends facebook for her birthday, she passed away 2 months ago. I'm kind of speechless and don't know what to say. I want to write something not to sad because she was a very happy person in life. ugh help !

Jd1983
    Why not just write what you want to write to her?

It has to be within you, not something from others.

Go with how you feel, and say what's on your mind.

abitbroken
    Platinum Member
    Why not skip writing on her facebook page and send a card or write a letter to her family, telling them you know it must be a tough time being your friend's birthday, but they continue to be in your thoughts and prayers and talk about how much she and they meant to you, and maybe share a touching story or something you miss the most. Some people think that you shouldn't bring up memories, but you know her parents or sister or whoever can't help but be thinking of her birthday and its nice to know someone who cares. It is just weird to me when it shows up on my wall or newsfeed that someone wrote on a deceased person's wall. This way it is something genuine you did privately that could really make a difference for someone. They are around to read messages and she is not.

Maroney555
    Quote Originally Posted by abitbroken [Register to see the link]
    Why not skip writing on her facebook page and send a card or write a letter to her family, telling them you know it must be a tough time being your friend's birthday, but they continue to be in your thoughts and prayers and talk about how much she and they meant to you, and maybe share a touching story or something you miss the most. Some people think that you shouldn't bring up memories, but you know her parents or sister or whoever can't help but be thinking of her birthday and its nice to know someone who cares. It is just weird to me when it shows up on my wall or newsfeed that someone wrote on a deceased person's wall. This way it is something genuine you did privately that could really make a difference for someone. They are around to read messages and she is not.
    I really like this idea. It's VERY personable and although it's going to be a tough day for the family, I think them knowing that others are thinking of THEM on this tough day can really help them through the process.

_Asti_
    Part of grieving though is 'talking' to the deceased person. So even though yes the friend won't get to read her message, OP can still feel like she is 'talking' to her.

Alot of professionals recommend writing letters to your loved one who has passed, its not a weird thing to do. It helps.

While sending a card is nice to the family, its supporting the family and letthing them know you're thinking of them and of her. She isn't 'directly' dealing with her feelings and sharing words to the deceased person directly, and I think thats pretty important.

I write letters to my Mom all the time. Little notes, its cleanses me emotionally and I feel a connection..and she obviously doesn't read it!

Top Threads
dad passed away, making adult decisions
hello, recently my dad passed away. and since then. my family been trying to get things back to normal. Theres a lot of loose ends that I dont know

Featured Threads
I would kill just to talk to her again:(
I know, it's pathetic. But it's been 6-7 weeks, post breakup, and I text her only once during that time, which was a short and uplifting text, but to
One year after my wife left, am I ready to move on?
My three year marriage came to an end about a year ago. During the three years, we were very happy, mainly because I was extremely giving. She came
Girlfriend Problems
My friend and I have had a "thing" for about a year now and we're technically dating. We both love each other and we've grown very comfortable around
Too much confusion...
About month ago I felt perfect , everything was going just fine, I mostly stopped thinking about my ex,and then bam - she contacted me. She contacted
Did I do the right thing? Dating a guy with kids whos living with his baby mama
Okay so basically I struck up a friendship with someone online who told me he had three kids and he was still living with his baby mama. The big red
How to make things up with my family?
Hi all, About a couple of weeks ago, I had an argument with my parents that escalated into something way bigger than it should have been, and
She isn't happy with me anymore.
Hi, I just found out about this site and I decided to ask you guys for help. I've been dating a girl for 4 months. She has anxiety and sometimes gets
Ask For Advice