saying "thank you" after sex

amyb

What does it mean when a guy says "thank you" after sex? (more specifically, he said it when he left at the end of the night, not RIGHT after sex).

I'm not trying to over-analyze it or anything, but no one has said it before so I thought it was odd. Does it even mean anything at all? Should I even be thinking about it?

If he lays down $50 AND says thank you, then you should be concerned.

Hahahaha. Absolutely. Context is kinda important here...like, how long have you been dating? Is this an exclusive relationship? Have you had sex before but maybe did something a bit, shall we say, kinky this time around which kinda blew his mind?

well if you two are together then it could mean he felt like you didnt really want to and he thinks you were doing it for him. or he could have been thanking you for something totally different. i dont know how long it was between when you two finished coitis and he left but i really dont think you should even be thinking about this unless he says it regularly after you two are intimate

If he said it at the end of the night, I would interpret as "thanks for a nice evening". I wouldn't over analyze this unless there is some particular reason (other behaviors?) you're reading a lot into it.

Where does it say the thank you was at the end of the night?

It said it was after sex.

If he lays down $50 AND says thank you, then you should be concerned.

LOL!!!

Well we have been seeing eachother for about 3 months and we had sex for the first time a few days ago. We went out for drinks, then back to my place. I'm not really reading anything into it, just thought it was a bit strange. It did feel like he meant it as a "thank you for the evening" as sophie274 suggested.

LOL!!!

Well we have been seeing eachother for about 3 months and we had sex for the first time a few days ago. We went out for drinks, then back to my place. I'm not really reading anything into it, just thought it was a bit strange. It did feel like he meant it as a "thank you for the evening" as sophie274 suggested.

believe sophie274 and stop thinking about it. he probably doesnt even remember it so you'll be fine

LOL!!!

Sounds to me like he's a gentleman and he wanted you to know how special the night was to him (he waited 3 months for sex, that's pretty neat.)

As someone who likes to say and hear "thank you", I'd simply accept with a smile and not worry at all about it. If it didn't specifically sound snarky, ironic, or obnoxious, then it was meant as an expression of gratitude for time offered, shared, and enjoyed.

And there's nothing wrong with it having been a favor; I do favors for my sweeties all the time in more than one venue, and thanks are generally appreciated. It really has to do with what you've been taught "thank you" means (or can mean), but again, if you can fudge away from your own perception (unless it's particularly bad) to the intent you may feel more comfortable with it.

Still, not worth worrying about so long as it didn't include something like a $50 as the other poster suggested Enjoy the sentiment, and have fun!

Light and laughter,

SongCoyote

What does it mean when a guy says "thank you" after sex? (more specifically, he said it when he left at the end of the night, not RIGHT after sex).

I'm not trying to over-analyze it or anything, but no one has said it before so I thought it was odd. Does it even mean anything at all? Should I even be thinking about it?

he simply thanked you for a great night,that's all.

"thank you for inviting me over" something like that.

if it was right after sex,then he could thank you for an awesome experience,meaning he enjoyed it

Archived