Do guys like being booty called?

alwaysmoving

Situation:

A girl and guy have no strings attached sex. The guy is usually the one to call the girl, but he tells the girl she can and should call him if she wants to hook up. Every time she does he doesn't answer or acknowledge it but will continue to call her after that. Does he just like it to be on his own terms or do guys in general not like to be "booty called?" Or is this specific guy just a jerk?

Maybe it's not that she calls, but what she says that makes him not want to answer. If she says, "Hey, I really want to see you again. When can we get together?" it might sound like she's falling for him and is looking for a relationship. If she says, "Hey, I'm pretty horny and I could use some sugar'" then that's a little more to the point and clear about being a booty call.

Maybe he's got other stuff going on, like a girlfriend and he CAN'T respond to your calls. Then he would only be able to contact you when the coast was clear.

But to answer your question - If I weren't in a commited relationship I wouldn't have a problem with a girl calling me for booty, or just showing up at the door late at night for that matter.

Most guys wouldn't mind being 'booty called'. In fact, I'm pretty sure they would love it.. if they were available.

The fact that he doesn't answer each time or acknowledge it, would bother me though.

Why does it always have to be on his own terms? Yeah, it's no strings attached, but shouldn't it be mutual?

Maybe it's not that she calls, but what she says that makes him not want to answer. If she says, "Hey, I really want to see you again. When can we get together?" it might sound like she's falling for him and is looking for a relationship. If she says, "Hey, I'm pretty horny and I could use some sugar'" then that's a little more to the point and clear about being a booty call.

Maybe he's got other stuff going on, like a girlfriend and he CAN'T respond to your calls. Then he would only be able to contact you when the coast was clear.

But to answer your question - If I weren't in a commited relationship I wouldn't have a problem with a girl calling me for booty, or just showing up at the door late at night for that matter.

The guy does not have a girlfriend, and the girl knows that for sure. The text will either read "come over" or the call will happen past 1 am so the guy knows this girl does not want a relationship.

Most guys wouldn't mind being 'booty called'. In fact, I'm pretty sure they would love it.. if they were available.

The fact that he doesn't answer each time or acknowledge it, would bother me though.

Why does it always have to be on his own terms? Yeah, it's no strings attached, but shouldn't it be mutual?

Exactly!! Admittedly the girl has only ever asked a handful of times but he's never responded. Should she say something about it next time the guy comes over?

Should she say something about it next time the guy comes over?

No, because that would imply he doesn't know exactly what he's doing, and that your thoughts and feelings are welcome for negotiation.

Those are things that belong in a relationship where you matter.

This is not a relationship. The terms are already implicit: this is about self-gratification without answering to the other, which does not lend itself to having a summit meeting on the state of our union.

If it was at all appealing to him to answer your booty calls and reciprocate, he would've done so already. Take it or leave it.

Personally, I'd leave it.

• 8 years later...

I'm just being honest, I would find it humiliating and degrading.

I don't go for that booty call crap, I expect more of myself and more from an actual partner.

And if some guy told you to call him but then was like.."Nah"....you should get some self esteem and walk away for good.

Archived