I havn't posted on here for probally over a year, so ignore all the old things I've posted.

I met a girl, about 5 months ago now, and we clicked so well. Since the day we started talking there hasn't been a day we havn't spoken. We have so much in common and I really believe we're made for each other.

We got together around 3 months ago, and it's been great. However recently she's been talking to me less and it seems like she'd rather be with her friends than me. I'm not saying she should choose me over them, but I only get to see her about once a week as it is. I think she's unsure about dating a girl, as she hasn't before, although neither had I. We havn't put our relationship on facebook and a lot of her old friends think she's with a guy she knows, he really likes her.

She thinks I can do better than her, which is crazy as she's the most amazing person I have ever met. I've told her this so many times, but she won't listen to me.

I'm scared she's growing apart from me, or maybe I'm putting presure on her somewhere? I don't know.

She's planing on going to uni next year, and she'll probally meet someone there. If they're a great person and they make her happy then that's ok with me, but that feels like there's a time limit on our relationship...

I'm not sure of the point in this, I just want to feel less uneasy =/

Even if you aren't consciously putting pressure on her it likely that she can sense the tension and the uneasiness between the two of you. That could be a reason that she is spending more time with her friends, which again is probably causing more uneasiness. You say you got together 3 months ago, but you only get to see her once a week, so I am wondering how much of the relationship is in your mind and how much of it is real. That doesn't diminish your emotional connection to this person, and it doesn't diminish what you are going through. Even from your short post there are other issues coming through. From what I can tell, you haven't come down from the clouds with this person, and that is pretty natural since you have only just met. Again I must wonder though how rational you are about what it is exactly what you have with this person.

The problem with any new relationship that kicks off with daily contact is that most people can't keep up that intensity. When they try to normalize the pace, the other can feel insecure and clingy, which the new pace-setter finds exhausting, suffocating and the opposite of a turn-on.

Pull back and allow GF to find her comfort level over time and to show you what this is. From there you'll have more info to operate with and you won't risk driving her away with demands she's not ready for.

Archived