Ask For Advice

Thread: how to deal with playful guys?

cursedgirl
    Silver Member

how to deal with playful guys?

i met a guy at my work place who's been playful/flirty around me since day one. more playful than flirty i think. ie he'd pinch me on my cheek,stuff paper into my shirt.mess with my computer and he often stands very close to me when we talk and is kinda touchy-feely. however when he's doing his own stuff he's pretty focused like im not existed...so it feels like he just enjoys playing with girls.
    it's confusing. i dont know if i should interpret it as he likes me,or he's just a big flirt. ive seen him talking to lots of other girls(we all work together), i just havent seen him getting close to them or touching them. however he may do that, but i didnt notice.
    does any of you know any guy like this? how do you deal with such a guy?
    Last edited by cursedgirl; 01-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Stilgard
    He is flirting... and if he is flirting, then he likes you (guys don't flirt with girls they dont like, unless they are absolute jerks). That doesn't mean he wants something with you though... that, is a different story. So yes, there is some degree of attraction, how much depends on how much he flirts. What you do with that attraction depends on the situation and what you both want.

cursedgirl
    Silver Member
    also in the past neither of my bf is flirty like him..so i really cant say i think he likes me,nor will he ask me out.

ForumGuy
    Sounds like he is flirting. Don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but that kind of activity at work would get old to me real fast. Has he been doing this long?

cursedgirl
    Silver Member
    we dont see each other every day..basically 3 days in a week..and we've met each other for like only 2 weeks..so ,so far,yes he's been doing it every time we work together.

Stay_home
    Why don't you try asking him why he screws around with you so much.

FathomFear
    Quote Originally Posted by cursedgirl [Register to see the link]
    i met a guy at my work place who's been playful/flirty around me since day one. more playful than flirty i think. ie he'd pinch me on my cheek,stuff paper into my shirt.mess with my computer and he often stands very close to me when we talk and is kinda touchy-feely.
    Uh, I personally wouldn't call that "flirting". More "borderline sexual harassment". Pinching your cheeks, shoving stuff down your shirt, and standing really close to you and being "touchy-feely"? I'm not sure what kind of workplace you have, but that wouldn't be acceptable at mine.

cursedgirl
    Silver Member
    not down my shirt..just the collar part. standing close but he doesnt stick his body onto mine.and being touchy..like he put his hands on my shoulders while talking to me.but i dont think it's anything sexual..and it's nothing wrong with my work place..only he does that to me.none of the other guys do it.

Top Threads
Current boyfriend/girlfriend
Are they taller than you?
male friend likes me....not recipicated
So I have this male friend (as the title says) who likes me a lot. He wants a relationship. I however I did tell him a while ago my feelings are
Having crush with coworker
Dear All, I got this crush that is hindering my life. This new colleague just joined my company 1 month ago. Currently she is attached to my
Should I text her
First of all I want to apologize if I have done any mistakes, if you can't understand something ask me and I will try to explain. So I'm 17 and I
I need help
I recently broke up with my ex of three years. It was a very abusive relationship, not physically but emotionally and mentally. I was controlled and
Does this girl like me ?
Hey guys , there is a girl I work with that I like a lot, we have a lot in common and I think we share a bit of attraction for eachother. she flirts
In love with best friend
Hi. I feel really silly writing this. Basically, I think I'm in love with my best friend, I think about him all the time and we spend a lot of

Featured Threads
I would kill just to talk to her again:(
I know, it's pathetic. But it's been 6-7 weeks, post breakup, and I text her only once during that time, which was a short and uplifting text, but to
One year after my wife left, am I ready to move on?
My three year marriage came to an end about a year ago. During the three years, we were very happy, mainly because I was extremely giving. She came
Girlfriend Problems
My friend and I have had a "thing" for about a year now and we're technically dating. We both love each other and we've grown very comfortable around
Too much confusion...
About month ago I felt perfect , everything was going just fine, I mostly stopped thinking about my ex,and then bam - she contacted me. She contacted
Did I do the right thing? Dating a guy with kids whos living with his baby mama
Okay so basically I struck up a friendship with someone online who told me he had three kids and he was still living with his baby mama. The big red
How to make things up with my family?
Hi all, About a couple of weeks ago, I had an argument with my parents that escalated into something way bigger than it should have been, and
She isn't happy with me anymore.
Hi, I just found out about this site and I decided to ask you guys for help. I've been dating a girl for 4 months. She has anxiety and sometimes gets
Ask For Advice