Who else is alone for Christmas?

1MoreChance

I am.

I wonder if anyone else here is, and how you feel about it. If it is difficult emotionally and psychologically, how are you coping with it?

My mother goes south each winter, my brother just moved far away. we never really saw each other during the holidays anyway, it reminds him of bad family times so he avoided (but we are not in bad terms).

My sister is here but she would apparently rather spend time with friends.

I feel alone and confused as to how to cope.

There's definitely others who are alone as well, I can tell ya that.

I'm not really alone, but it's definitely not been as festive a Christmas

as it should've been. . . It's been pretty rubbish really. Didn't even

decorate.

Cope? I suppose you just keep on going as always, even if you're

progressing slowly, as long as you don't give up on things and yourself

entirely, then it'll pass eventually...Though I've heard that Christmas

tends to come again every year...

I'm alone. Working out and listening to some tunes. Its what you make of it. In a few I'm gonna go for a drive and maybe have dinner at some hole in the wall place. It would be nice to have someone to share it with but I have to figure this mess was put on me for a reason. Let's see how strong I can be. LOL. Yeah it does get old.

I feel for you 1MoreChance. Although I have not spent Christmas completely alone, the first Christmas I had without my husband, who had left me for another woman, was one of the lonliest I have ever had. Is there no chance you could go with your mother or visit your brother. If now how about helping out with a voluntary organisation (ie helping the homeless).

There are so many people who are alone at Christmas..and so many people who are going through the motions of doing family and couple stuff but still feel very much alone and lonely. Things to do when you are celebrating alone: Decorate your place and make it look festive...cook yourself a festive holiday meal and then you can freeze the leftovers....volunteer at a homeless shelter or a senior's residence. I am sure there are a lot of seniors in these residences who are very much alone.

I've spent my Christmases alone since, well, forever. I've never dated nor been in a relationship, etc, so I've never experienced anything else. In many ways I'm sure that makes it easier for me. Had I experienced a high level of love/compassion during this time of year, I'm sure I would keep yearning for it.

and so many people who are going through the motions of doing family and couple stuff but still feel very much alone and lonely.

Very true. I'm going to be with family, my stepdad's family. I hate them, my mum pretty much hates his family too, my stepdad despises his dad...

My stepdad's dad used to sent me sexual and hateful texts for some time when I was 17/18. (I'm still 18 ).

I'm dreading Christmas. I don't want to be in the same room with a 67 year old man who recently sent me a text saying that he will "stare at my ass" this christmas.

well thanks everyone. It's nice to know there are people I can talk to tonight.

yesterday night i did volunteer work. it really filled my heart with joy and kept me going through today.

tonight is more difficult ... went for a walk and saw all the people leaving with parcels and bags, picking up relatives in their car... gathering the family to go someplace...

It makes me feel sad.

oh and Gabriella, I would not go to that gatheirng if you can help it...

well thanks everyone. It's nice to know there are people I can talk to tonight.

yesterday night i did volunteer work. it really filled my heart with joy and kept me going through today.

tonight is more difficult ... went for a walk and saw all the people leaving with parcels and bags, picking up relatives in their car... gathering the family to go someplace...

It makes me feel sad.

oh and Gabriella, I would not go to that gatheirng if you can help it...

I know, I'm dreading it but I'll go to keep myself occupied... I'm not going through a great phase in my life either

I've always felt depressed at christmas time for some reason...

And I hate christmas songs!

Can't wait for christmas to be over and done with.

Can you do volunteer work tomorrow as well?

Archived