when should you meet your boyfriend's parents and friends

jazzy90

My boyfriend and I met online..We been together for 7 months..and recently started going out on dates..like 5 dates so far..and I plan on going shopping with him this weekend but I'm not sure..To make a long story short his roommate and his roommate's girlfriend sent me a friend request on facebook..but i haven't met them in person..and the roommate's girlfriend said "she wants to meet me" and wonder why i haven't been around..

So i asked my boyfriend last night why i havent met his friends and he said "we're not that at moment yet" Does that mean he's not serious?? i asked him and he said he is serious but its too soon.. im curious..when should you meet your boyfriend's parents and friends? He met my mom..

If he has only been out with you 5 times. He could be a little hesitant because he might feel insecure about if you are his "girlfriend" or not. Meeting friends and stuff is a step in any relationship. Maybe he just wants to spend time with YOU before he invites you to gatherings and stuff.

I would feel the same if I met someone I really liked. At the start you don't want punks in the way.

My boyfriend and I met online..We been together for 7 months..and recently started going out on dates..like 5 dates so far..and I plan on going shopping with him this weekend but I'm not sure..To make a long story short his roommate and his roommate's girlfriend sent me a friend request on facebook..but i haven't met them in person..and the roommate's girlfriend said "she wants to meet me" and wonder why i haven't been around..

So i asked my boyfriend last night why i havent met his friends and he said "we're not that at moment yet" Does that mean he's not serious?? i asked him and he said he is serious but its too soon.. im curious..when should you meet your boyfriend's parents and friends? He met my mom..

I think he wants to take things slow. You have only been out on 5 dates, that's it... Give him some time and he will invite you to meet them when he is ready

Everyone has their own pace. I know that one of my cousins did NOT introduce her "so" to her family until he proposed to her. It was beyond odd because they were together for about 5 years. Her reasons for doing so is that her parents lived in a different state, and because she knew that her parents would most likely disapprove of him(as they had in the past for every boyfriend she had, even when there was no valid reason for them to not like her so's)--she didn't want them interfering in her relationship, so she kept the two separate. They met her parents, a few weeks after he proposed to her. Her parents were livid. And ironically did not like her so LOL until after the wedding took place.

But for most people, you don't take a "so" to meet your parents until you've dated seriously for at least 3 to 4 months(which would mean about 15 dates). For me I would never introduce a "so" to my parents unless it was serious and I saw it leading to marriage. That's only because my parents are very petty.

Archived