Long distance Girlfriend was murdered

BenDoodle99

Hi I'm Ben and I'm 19 and I didn't know where else to go about this...

So 6 months I met this girl online called Alexis, and we talked a lot for a month then fell for each other so we decided to start going out and that.

She's from USA, Cali, and I'm from Scotland.

We talked on the phone for basically hours every day since then and we'd really fallen in love with each other. To the point where I'd be upset if I didn't get to talk to her for a day... and vice versa.

About 3 months in we planned her first visit over here in December 2010 and looked greatly forward to it, always wanting to be in each others arms.

She'd had alot of trouble with her ex boyfriend, who was the jealous ] type he even tried to abduct her and beat her up but she escaped and he got arrested.

other bad stuff has happened, alot, that made it difficult but i kept being there for her because it was all stressing her out and upsetting her and i was the only one who could cheer her up.

then things seemed to be back to normal and it came to the day she's meant to come over, i was on the phone with her til she got to the airport. She was meant to by flying from Cali > London > Aberdeen. but apparently the snow on the east coast meant they had to stop in NY and her next flight got delayed...

then it happened.

Her ex bf's dad shows up (Ex convict too) and kidnaps her and takes her and her friend somewhere, she hides her phone and texts me scared, she manages to incapacitate him for a short while by kicking him in the groin and escapes and attempts to run to her aunties house who she knows lives near.

Alexis and her friend make there way there and he starts following them, by this point I am on the phone with her worried, she said the cops have been called, she gets to her aunties house but shes out and she can't find the spare key then the phone cuts out.

i don't hear back/get texts/phone doesn't answer for 2 hours so i pray for her safety like crazy (Despite not being religious) and i get texts from her mom (who i texted regularly during the relationship) telling me

"Alexis... is... gone... " and i panic and reply like "What? no this can't be real. she can't be gone, she's my everything." etc

she replies "I'm sorry she's ... gone lost too much blood. "

It's just not fair I never got to hold her, to see her smile, to kiss her, to keep her safe.

I hadn't been in a relationship for 2 years before and was pretty sceptical about long distance but i went for it because I was crazy about her she was just the most amazing, beautiful, incredible, sweet, kind, nice and perfect girl I'd ever known.

I was so sure of everything 2 months ago I bought her a nice personalised bracelet for our 6 month (which would be Dec 24th) among loads of other presents that i won't get to give her now

I still don't believe she's gone. I feel like there's something not right. maybe shes okay and someones tricking me with these texts.

I'm just lost... I still have uni coursework to do due in the next week. and then

my friends and family... how do i go about explaining it to all of them?

I feel like when i tell people they might not understand because it was long distance, i was truly in love with her i can't go 5 minutes without thinking about her. my friends got annoyed by how much i talked about her...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My best guess is that this is a made up story by this person on line. Do you have her last name? Have you confirmed her death with the police, a hospital, a person who you spoke to over a phone where you know that person's first and last name, address, anything to confirm her identity or anything about the story? Which police precint was called? Did you call that precint?

Sorry but someone's mom who you never met is never ever going to think about texting some guy thousands of miles away as her daughter is dying. Did you ever confirm that the person you were speaking to or texting with was A's mom? How do you know A is a woman/the age she says she is/anything? Did you send her $$?

My best guess is that this is a made up story by this person on line. Do you have her last name? Have you confirmed her death with the police, a hospital, a person who you spoke to over a phone where you know that person's first and last name, address, anything to confirm her identity or anything about the story? Which police precint was called? Did you call that precint?

Sorry but someone's mom who you never met is never ever going to think about texting some guy thousands of miles away as her daughter is dying. Did you ever confirm that the person you were speaking to or texting with was A's mom? How do you know A is a woman/the age she says she is/anything? Did you send her $$?

My thoughts exactly.

I thought the exact same thing as Batya33 when I read this. I believe this girl/woman you were talking to never intended to meet with you and since the arranged date was impending, she made up this elaborate story. I hate to say that, but the story just has that feel to me. Either way, you have experienced a loss and I am sorry regardless of where the truth lies in this.

Alexis Cruz

It all happened in the last few hours.

Who/where should I call to confirm her death?

Call the police precint that was near her aunt's -she said she called, right? Call the airport where she claims to have been confronted and ask if there were any reports of assault etc- do you have her flight numbers? Can you confirm whether she got on any of the flights? Check the local papers where she claimed to live to see if there were any reports of the murder and see if she has had any on line activity -do you have her facebook page or similar site?

I still don't believe she's gone. I feel like there's something not right. maybe shes okay and someones tricking me with these texts.

It's highly likely you are right, but it's also most likely that it is her that is that someone.

My first thought when reading this was that this is either a troll post or an obvious scam. (Giving you the benefit of the doubt, here.)

Though chances are slim, it is possible the texts you recieved weren't false.. but as Batya said, look in to it. This is just too fishy. ENA is filled with people who've been betrayed when they believed with all their heart it wasn't possible, so don't be so sure of her capabilities.

If against the odds this case turns out to be all truthful, I'm sorry for your loss.

If no one has sent you information about the funeral or further information that can be confirmed, you can assume it was made up. Her name seems to be the same as an actor's name by the way.

yeah that's what i saw too.......and i have found the myspace page of a 18 year old girl with that name but there is nothing on there too....i don't believe it at all, sounds like she played you...and i am sorry!!

It's highly likely you are right, but it's also most likely that it is her that is that someone.

My first thought when reading this was that this is either a troll post or an obvious scam. (Giving you the benefit of the doubt, here.)

Though chances are slim, it is possible the texts you recieved weren't false.. but as Batya said, look in to it. This is just too fishy. ENA is filled with people who've been betrayed when they believed with all their heart it wasn't possible, so don't be so sure of her capabilities.

If against the odds this case turns out to be all truthful, I'm sorry for your loss.

No not a troll post. I promise that.

It just doesn't seem possible i talked to her for 6 months on the phone, i was in love with her and i could tell she loved me too.

Alexis Cruz

It all happened in the last few hours.

Who/where should I call to confirm her death?

I've no proof, but we talked on the phone almost every day for 5-6 months. She would get upset when I was upset. I don't believe it would have been possible for her mess me around.

I'm sorry, but the story sounds fishy to me...

You can search online for obituary archives for New York and see if she is listed. Or see what number to call to see if she truly has been murdered.

Whether or not this truly happened, I am sorry for your loss.

I can find nothing about an Alexis Cruz in NYC, save for some famous actress or something.

Honestly, I don't think this really happened. Call her mother, okay? Give her mom a call and see what she says. Google the police stations around where this girl lived, and get phone numbers. Call around and find out the truth.

I think this was an awful joke. I'm sorry either way

no i never sent her money or anything.

i dont know, she said she is talking to the doctors and in the hosptial so can't talk on the phone just now

I'm sorry, but that is bs. She's giving you the run around. I'd call the local police station near her aunts house and ask about recent murders and ask about the girls name...

Regardless of what I feel of this situation, I hope you get your answers soon. Either way, I am sorry for your loss.

Side-note...just re read your post to figure out where everyone was getting the NYC thing from. If that wasn't a planned stop by her plane, how would her ex's dad know to show up there and kidnap her? Just some food for thought....

Archived