Ex is trying to hurt me/make me jealous? Or has he just moved on

My ex seems to be trying to hurt me & make me jealous & i dont get why he would do such a thing as he's the one who called quits 3 months ago. He asked to be my friend ...though when i spoke to him for the first time in 6 weeks last week...he answered bluntly then stopped talking altogether (so much for him pleading for us to be friends!)

He slept with a girl 7 weeks after we broke up (found out via a mutual friend). Not any girl, the girl who lives 30 seconds up the road from me. the girl who used to be a * * * * * to me (he was aware of this) and the girl i am forced to see every morning when catching the bus.

He has been flirting heavily too with this girl all over facebook. commenting on loads of her photos with LOADS of kisses & plastering on each others wall (he didnt even know her 2 weeks ago) I know he's going to date again soon but this new "bond" he has seems all for show as its so extravagant and OTT.

My ex & I also used to attend this car event together (he was amazed how much i was into this "guy" stuff & seemed pretty chuffed about it). His friends and my friends referred to it as "our" thing. It was what we ALWAYS did and who a lot of people knew us for. The other day his status was "had such a good time at the XXXX tonight with (the girls name), she is the BEST driver ever !" (he used to write statuses just like that with my name in it). It's like he's trying to replace me and even my friends have noticed the status & have said to me "omg i cant believe (ex's name)wrote that! he's completely going out of his way to replace you with this new chick already, so pathetic!"

yes the event wasn't restricted to just him and me but its like he's deliberately getting off with girls that don't like me, rewriting our old memories to erase me from them & do what we used to do as a couple with some girl he's only just met.. He's the one who broke up with me yet he's being so insensitive about everything (plus trying to make me jealous!). he's changed so much & i dont understand why he's being so tactless & hurtful??

Hes not trying to hurt you.

Hes acting like a single guy, which he is. You need to delete him and block him off FB so you cant SEE this stuff then it wont hurt you.

He slept with a girl 7 weeks after you broke up, its not like he overlapped or jumped straight into bed with her.

hes single, so are you. You need to cut him off, so you dont know so much about his life. Stop focusing on him and focus on you.

I dont mean to sound harsh, of course it hurts, I know that, stay strong.

I agree. It could be an effort to make you jealous, or it could just be that no matter who he's with he plasters it all over FB. It's difficult to say without knowing more about him. But either way you have to pull back and sever the FB connection and block him for a while in order to focus on yourself and to not give him an audience for his announcements (if that's what he's seeking). Friends with an ex can't really ever happen right away, you need to take some time apart first.

Cheers

I agree with Sapphire ... it has been 7 weeks since you guys broke up so its not like he has immediately set out to jump into bed with someone else or to hurt you. I think he is just throwing himself into this new relationship without thinking too much about the consequences of his status updates. The only way you will stop hurting is by deleting him from Facebook.

Def delete/block him and try help by thinking about getting you on track. I know how you feel as my ex did all this too and I just couldnt understand how someone could be so hurtful & disrespectful to me so soon by putting things on pages where all could see I felt like the past year with him was worth nothing. It is so hard to get your head round it and you will never know why they dont suddenly give a crap. But maybe like Sapphire says in there head they are single and can do what they want, its totally hard to even get your head round them acting like that as all you see is them hurting you by doing these things. Seriously block him and try help yourself as if not it will eat at you and eat at you seeing all the stuff. Ive blocked everything and feel a lot better for it.

If someone breaks up with you for whatever reason. Just let them go, and make it clear to them that the can't ever come back because they'll have demonstrated their lack of commitment and love to make the relationship work.

A true relationship should never fail since communication and understanding is what keeps it all together.

Archived