Intimacy Issues in Men - ADVICE

kuteknish

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I date a guy with intimacy issues. He is fine with kissing and cuddling but anything further doesn't happen anymore. The signs for me are he turns his head away if i try make out with him, and whenever i try touching him in an intimate way he grabs my hands and pretends to want to kiss them.

I havn't read any books or anything yet as it is fairly recent.

Hope this helps a little.

Intimacy issues can happen to both male and female. It usually stems from lack of affection and bond with the parent(s) growing up. There's a lot that could've contributed to his lack of intimacy but it's something that probably needs professional counseling and taking time to address the issue. Books and articles can help I'm sure but have a feeling you two will probably gain more by seeing someone who's certified in this type of behavior.

They're basically emotionally shut in many ways; from the way they keep all their emotions to displaying any sort of affections. It may seem as though in the beginning it was hunky-dory until all that stops, no physical connection, lack of communication and avoiding them all together.

And it's not the end of the world either like anything, it can be resolved together with a right advice and counseling. It will take time but as long as the couple can work together to address and be aware of the issues in a relationship it can only strengthen the bond.

I agree with the last paragraph you wrote. Actually, I agree with all you wrote and it sounds characteristic of my now ex. I have been trying to understand his behavior in our relationship based on his childhood life and his dating history...

He thinks though, that he is the way he is not capable of loving or being affectionate.. "it's just not in his nature" he says and if that's what I need.. he'll never be able to give that to me. Sad.

• 2 months later...

Archived