Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our first date... a lunch date... he didn't kiss me afterwards...

i'm sandra dee
    Bronze Member

our first date... a lunch date... he didn't kiss me afterwards...

I had my first date with a man today. Our first meet was a few days ago.
    We met for lunch and talked about all sorts of things. He's an interesting man.
    After lunch we walked together out to the parking lot.
    He hugged me goodbye and then he asked me if I'd like to go out again and I accepted.
    But he didn't kiss me. Is he saving our first kiss for a night time date perhaps?
    He isn't the type of man who would go out with a woman that he doesn't find attractive.
    This much I learned from our first meet. So clearly he's attracted and I'm attracted.
    Maybe he thinks it would be moving too fast to have our first kiss so early on?

Why didn't he kiss me?????

orchidrose
    Not everyone likes to kiss on the first date, no matter how much they like someone. I prefer to save that for a second or third date. More comfortable for me.

newwave

I don't kiss every guy I date. I wait a few dates.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Because you haven't even been on a date yet and maybe he doesn't want to overwhelm you (I can see guys thinking "geez we can't win- if we make a pass too soon we're too aggressive but if we wait until a first date...")

iBroken
    Because two girls in this thread have posted that they dont kiss on a first date. So from a mans perspective, he probably knows that a first date is not the time to kiss a girl (based on his experiences or things his female friends might say?)

I like to kiss on the first date - if the connection is there........But Im kinda different LOL

Ms Darcy
    Wow it's like insecurity day on ena. I wonder if is because of the holiday season and people are feeling lonely ... Anywho ... I think you need to calm down a little. It is ok not to kiss on a first date. No need to start overthinking things. It was only a first date anyway.

RedDress
    Platinum Member
    Don't worry about it. Take one day at a time! Did you have fun? Do you want to see him again? If so, plan another date.

If you get to date 5 or 6 and he hasn't kissed you yet, let's talk. lol!

jimmajam
    Gold Member
    I don't see why people get so worked up over not getting a kiss. In my opinion and I am a guy it's kind of weird. I don't have a problem doing it, but it's so hit or miss with people.

Do you meet someone at the store, talk to them and then kiss them goodbye? It's the first date, the first time meeting, don't get worked up because he wasn't immediately did something like a kiss. A nice hug, compliments and the fact he set something else up is enough to show interest.

Crazyaboutdogs
    Plenty of people kiss on the first date simply because they like the physical thrill of kissing someone, not necessarily because they are really interested in the person. A kiss on the first date doesn't necessarily mean there will be future dates. Kiss or no kiss on the first date often has very little bearing on what is really going on in someone's head.

arcadefire
    On my first date with my bf, he didn't kiss me. It took around the fourth date that we finally kissed, and even that kiss was awkward. We're together now. I don't think you should overthink this; he's interested and that's why he asked you on a date!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
I don't want to lose her, but I said foolish crap.
We've been dating for a month and a half...been on 5 dates...have done everything except have sex. Talk on the phone 6 hours a night...every night
Can guys really be non texters?
I've been bad w/spotting one sided relationships, so I want a guy who is actually interested in me. I went to an event I go every year, I knew I
Maybe losing the best love I've ever had?
Hi everyone, this is my first post, and I'm kind of struggling to get all my thoughts together, so I guess I'll just start. I'm 21, and my boyfriend
Fed up of paying for boyfriend
I need advice please,. Iv been with my boyfriend two years the first year and half was great and it still is except for one problem , I'm fed up of
Still hung up on an abusive ex
I posted a while ago, about having had 2 great dates with this guy..and then the 3rd one kept getting postponed..2 different reasons, then he got
My brother and his colleague
My brother hugged his colleague when she became teared up .she hugged him back with big smile and she told him hey at this time she told him I am
won't spend the night
Dating for almost 3 months .. sex for the last month but he won't spend the night. Says it's because he has to get up early and such. but this has

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Is he still in love with his EX?
I met this great guy at work (last November), he just got out of a painful breakup (last September) during that time he kept communicating with his
Can't get over girlfriends past
I've been dating this girl for about 5 months and its going great. The only issue is that I can't get over her sexual history. There are several
I dont like my girlfriends new piercing
So my girlfriend went and got nipple piercings knowing that i didnt like them and didnt tell me she was gonna get them. They are a really big turn
What I am to her ?
hey guys I want some counseling .. I met a girl online .. At first she said that she doesn't wanna fall for me and we will be just friends .. I said
I want my family back
Hi, I was dumped on New Years Eve by my ex girlfriend of 8 years whom I have a 6 year old with. We have been arguing for the past few months prior to
Anxious and depressed about being 32 yo and not married
I could really use some kind and encouraging words right now because I wake up every morning to an intense feeling of pain because I am alone. I'm 32
Ex (dumper) delays giving keys back. Why?
First time poster. Been viewing threads somewhat regularly for a few months now and figured I'd get a few opinions. I'll give a little of the
Ask For Advice