Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: our first date... a lunch date... he didn't kiss me afterwards...

i'm sandra dee
    Bronze Member

our first date... a lunch date... he didn't kiss me afterwards...

I had my first date with a man today. Our first meet was a few days ago.
    We met for lunch and talked about all sorts of things. He's an interesting man.
    After lunch we walked together out to the parking lot.
    He hugged me goodbye and then he asked me if I'd like to go out again and I accepted.
    But he didn't kiss me. Is he saving our first kiss for a night time date perhaps?
    He isn't the type of man who would go out with a woman that he doesn't find attractive.
    This much I learned from our first meet. So clearly he's attracted and I'm attracted.
    Maybe he thinks it would be moving too fast to have our first kiss so early on?

Why didn't he kiss me?????

orchidrose
    Not everyone likes to kiss on the first date, no matter how much they like someone. I prefer to save that for a second or third date. More comfortable for me.

newwave

I don't kiss every guy I date. I wait a few dates.

Batya33
    Platinum Member
    Because you haven't even been on a date yet and maybe he doesn't want to overwhelm you (I can see guys thinking "geez we can't win- if we make a pass too soon we're too aggressive but if we wait until a first date...")

iBroken
    Because two girls in this thread have posted that they dont kiss on a first date. So from a mans perspective, he probably knows that a first date is not the time to kiss a girl (based on his experiences or things his female friends might say?)

I like to kiss on the first date - if the connection is there........But Im kinda different LOL

Ms Darcy
    Wow it's like insecurity day on ena. I wonder if is because of the holiday season and people are feeling lonely ... Anywho ... I think you need to calm down a little. It is ok not to kiss on a first date. No need to start overthinking things. It was only a first date anyway.

RedDress
    Platinum Member
    Don't worry about it. Take one day at a time! Did you have fun? Do you want to see him again? If so, plan another date.

If you get to date 5 or 6 and he hasn't kissed you yet, let's talk. lol!

jimmajam
    Gold Member
    I don't see why people get so worked up over not getting a kiss. In my opinion and I am a guy it's kind of weird. I don't have a problem doing it, but it's so hit or miss with people.

Do you meet someone at the store, talk to them and then kiss them goodbye? It's the first date, the first time meeting, don't get worked up because he wasn't immediately did something like a kiss. A nice hug, compliments and the fact he set something else up is enough to show interest.

Crazyaboutdogs
    Plenty of people kiss on the first date simply because they like the physical thrill of kissing someone, not necessarily because they are really interested in the person. A kiss on the first date doesn't necessarily mean there will be future dates. Kiss or no kiss on the first date often has very little bearing on what is really going on in someone's head.

arcadefire
    On my first date with my bf, he didn't kiss me. It took around the fourth date that we finally kissed, and even that kiss was awkward. We're together now. I don't think you should overthink this; he's interested and that's why he asked you on a date!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Million Dollar Question: Why it's so hard to find 1 person we want to commit to?
Someone who we connect with on a physical and emotional level? I realize I'm preaching to the choir here, but I'm seriously baffled. There are
Girlfriend wants to go to the gym without me, I need advice
So me and this girl have been dating now for a few months. She all of a sudden has an interest in the gym which is fine because I love the gym. I've
What should I do?
Been with him for 2 years, we are both 21. He started working 2 months ago and has a stressful job. Texting has reduced drastically and now he goes a
What can I do to look younger?
I'm 23 years old, 230lbs and 6'3. People often seem to think that I'm 30 years old but it doesn't make sense to me. I don't have five o ' clock
How to recover from being insecure
Hi all. I'd really appreciate any input and suggestions you have. About six seeks ago I started dating a woman and we hit it off great. Lots in
Am I making an unreasonable request?
I've been seeing a girl for just a little over a month now. We are hitting it off very well, but there are a few things I'm a little bit concerned
What happened on this date?
Okay so I know this is kind of silly but it's kind of eating at me. I just want some analysis so I can kind of figure it out so I can make sense of

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Whatever Happened to.....
Hey there, Does anyone know whatever happened to ENA old timers Brownstone, TiredTiger, SuperDave, mhowe, John Galt, Shane Falco, etc? I'd be
I Need Urgent Help With This, Please!!!
Sorry this is long, just want to explain the whole thing. I've been dating a guy for about 3 weeks. The first two weeks we hung out as "friends"
Being a "little man"
So I've been carrying this chip on my shoulder that has been a hindrance to my self confidence that I wanna get rid of. I'm 5'6, with hands and feet
So we broke up, but while I was breaking up with him his phone rang...
So I broke up with this guy who I thought was absolutely wonderful and trying to support as he was going through so much, divorce, business
No contact rule to get ex back.
So ive used the no contact rule to get my ex of 2 years back one other time after we had a short break. Our relationship only allowed us to see each
Am I being too harsh or a push over?
First post so here goes feel like I don't have anyone to turn to about this. Been in a relationship for about 6 years now all has been great for
You find love when you stop looking ??
I don't know how many times I've heard this expression. What do the people of ENA think of this statement? I get pretty annoyed when somebody
Ask For Advice