Miscarriages and Pregnancy

1234smith

I have a friend who is a teenager. She recently thought she might be pregnant. She had unprotected sex about a week ago and three days later she started having brown discharge and her nipples felt tender, all signs of pregnancy. She drinks and smokes a lot and has since she thought she was pregnant.

Last night she started bleeding. Her last period was right before she would have concieved the baby, so it's too early for it to be her next period. Can a period come THAT early due to stress? Could this be a miscarriage? Is it too soon for a miscarriage? She says there are no signs of tissue in the blood that's coming now but that the flow is much heavier than her periods normally are. She has no cramps.

What should she do? If this is a miscarriage is she in serious danger if she doesn't do something after she's done bleeding? On some sites I've seen that doctors need to make sure there is no pregnancy tissue left? She would like to not go to a doctor if possible.

PLEASE HELP!

It could have to do with a lot of factors but she NEEDS to see a doctor if she suspects a miscarriage. Did she take a pregnancy test? If she's a teenager and not on birth control, it's completely possible her periods are just out of whack and not normal... but I seriously would urge her to see a doctor.

From what I've read miscarriages are possible from conception onwards.

It is unusual to experience pregnancy signs so soon after conception but I don't think it's impossible.

Can anyone who is a doctor or actually for sure knows what they're talking about reply?

I have been doing internet research but want a proffesional's opinion.

Archived