Hope's Preggo Thread

Hope75

I had an appt. at my OB's office today.... I had some pain overnight so they did an ultrasound which showed a 6w5d fetus (I am currrently 6w2d) with a HB of 126... and a large subchorionic hemorrhage, as big as the baby and it's sack. For those who don't know, it is a blood clot or bleed between the placenta and the baby, it is rare (

I asked if he thought I have a clotting disorder given how unusual this is to begin with and I have had it now with 2 pregnancies, and he said he wouldn't jump to say that but that they can't work me up for it while pregnant because the results would be inaccurate. He said if I do have another loss we'd have to wait 3 months and get worked up for it. I asked about taking baby aspirin or heparin or lovenox but he said where we don't know if it is a clot or a bleed that could make things worse. He said basically to take it easy although studies don't show a difference in outcome by taking it easy, and I am on pelvic rest again.

The risk of miscarriage with this is also supposed to be small (less than 3%) but that doesn't comfort me either because I beat the odds in a bad way both by having one and by losing my baby, and now it seems to be headed the same way yet again.

Please pray for us.... I am so numb right now. I don't know how to cope with another roller coaster for weeks and possibly months ending in another loss.

Thanks. :sad:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to be a downer, but this is so sad. I'd be heartbroken carrying a precious,little baby, knowing that I'd never see his/her face (given the info that you've already lost and think you have a clotting disorder). I'm sorry that you have to endure this pain, it's cruel. I hope that the outcome is cheerful though You never know, and you are both in my thoughts!

Archived