1 1/2 year of trying

happyfrank

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

15 weeks left to go.

When my wife wipes blood comes out. obygn said everything is fine. She currently has yeast infection but our obygn stated that she doesn't need to treat it. I'm just worried.. Is it just normal for some women just to bleed during pregnancy. My wife has type 2 diabetes I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

She currently has yeast infection but our obygn stated that she doesn't need to treat it.

That sounds uncomfortable. yikes.... is there any particular reason the doctor cited for suggesting NOT treating it? The over-the-counter creams are safe to use during pregnancy and would offer relief of the symptoms

link removed

• 1 month later...

Thanks bella. Just when I thought things were getting better it got worst yesterday. They made my wife take 24 hr urine sample and found high amount of protein in her urine. Her blood pressure was high after the accident so they think it might be Pre-eclampsia. She was doing stress test yesterday and blood pressure was good. Baby was fine Her blood pressure has been good so far so this must be something new. Week 31 today. Today she has appointment with ob gyn in the morning to talk about this. I feel like crying but I have to stay strong.

They will keep a very close eye on her. She might be put on bed rest and will probably have to go in for check ups 3 times a week and be on a strict diet with restricted salt intake. If they feel her health is in great danger they will have her deliver the baby early. Preeclamsia is usually resolved for the mom as soon as the baby is born.

If it is not a severe case of it then they will treat her and encourage her to carry the baby to full term. You are at a good place at 31 weeks. Each passing week is more safe. If she can get to 37-40 weeks that is ideal. My sister-in-law had it and her and her baby (induced labor at 37 weeks) did just fine. It's just very important to take the doctor's advice.

Now your job is to make sure she listens. A lot of moms-to-be are fartoo eager to defy bedrest and start cleaning and decorating, etc. Will she have help with that stuff?

We live alone. I do all the cooking, cleaning and everything in the house. I'm worried about the morning and afternoon since I'm off to work at 6:00am.

Do you have a neighbour who can check on her? Leave some snacks and such by the bed for her, like fruits and crackers and cheese or something. Leave bottles of water. Or make simple things she can heat in the microwave and then take them back to bed. Being on bed rest is annoying, and gives you cabin fever. Get some books and magazines for her to read. I was on bed rest twice..once from 29 weeks to 40 weeks and then from 8 weeks to 16 weeks. It is all in a good cause though.

Archived