For the ladies: more emotional during ovulation period?

I know everyone's different and our cycles are different. I feel like i'm more emotional during my ovulation period. I am emotional during my periods too but I feel like it's much more severe when i'm ovulating. Sometimes i get so emotional that i cry.

I get easily depressed when it comes to very insignificant things, things i wouldn't even think twice about during my 'normal' days. For example (silly example), if my boyfriend calls me 20 minutes later than he said he would, i'd think about it and get gloomy. Pathetic i know.

Is this normal? What can i do to relieve the so-called symptoms?

Help!

Thanks in advance!

Are you on birth control?

I get PMS so bad that thoughts of jumping off a cliff are really normal during that week. No joke. But I'm on medication which helps.

Some people say birth control helps bad PMS, and some people say BC makes it worse. So if you're on it, try a new method of BC for awhile, and if you aren't on it, i HIGHLY suggest you get a prescrip.

Are you on birth control?

I get PMS so bad that thoughts of jumping off a cliff are really normal during that week. No joke. But I'm on medication which helps.

Some people say birth control helps bad PMS, and some people say BC makes it worse. So if you're on it, try a new method of BC for awhile, and if you aren't on it, i HIGHLY suggest you get a prescrip.

Nope I am not on any form of birth control.

Nope I am not on any form of birth control.

Try it, why not? First of all, it's good to be on bc for the obvious, and secondly, it changes most people's PMS and the symptoms (sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the best). So you never know til you give it a try.

I know everyone's different and our cycles are different. I feel like i'm more emotional during my ovulation period. I am emotional during my periods too but I feel like it's much more severe when i'm ovulating. Sometimes i get so emotional that i cry.

I get easily depressed when it comes to very insignificant things, things i wouldn't even think twice about during my 'normal' days. For example (silly example), if my boyfriend calls me 20 minutes later than he said he would, i'd think about it and get gloomy. Pathetic i know.

Is this normal? What can i do to relieve the so-called symptoms?

Help!

Thanks in advance!

I can definitely be very emotional. I'm a mess at times. lol. You can try going on the pill to see if it helps, certain pills will work better than others and you just have to find the right one for you. They are supposed to level out your hormones so it's not such a "roller coaster ride" of emotions. It might be worth a shot if it's severe. I was on the pill for a little while and it seemed to help a bit, but I had to stop for other medical reasons.

I'm actually pretty Okay before and during.. emotionally that is.. I get VERY bad period pain and I have to drug myself to fall asleep quick.. Sometimes it happens that I have no pain and then it all starts.. after my period my hormones are all over the place and I don't know what to do with myself.. I am depressed without it anyways so this is like double attack.. It usually lasts for a week then goes away and I'm back to normal.. This only happens tho when I do not have period pain.. It's so strange.. the older I get the more I don't understand my body and what is happening..

Archived