Ask For Advice

Thread: For the ladies: more emotional during ovulation period?

bluexin99

For the ladies: more emotional during ovulation period?

I know everyone's different and our cycles are different. I feel like i'm more emotional during my ovulation period. I am emotional during my periods too but I feel like it's much more severe when i'm ovulating. Sometimes i get so emotional that i cry.

I get easily depressed when it comes to very insignificant things, things i wouldn't even think twice about during my 'normal' days. For example (silly example), if my boyfriend calls me 20 minutes later than he said he would, i'd think about it and get gloomy. Pathetic i know.

Is this normal? What can i do to relieve the so-called symptoms?

Help!

Thanks in advance!

gidget1
    Are you on birth control?
    I get PMS so bad that thoughts of jumping off a cliff are really normal during that week. No joke. But I'm on medication which helps.

Some people say birth control helps bad PMS, and some people say BC makes it worse. So if you're on it, try a new method of BC for awhile, and if you aren't on it, i HIGHLY suggest you get a prescrip.

bluexin99
    Quote Originally Posted by gidget1 [Register to see the link]
    Are you on birth control?
    I get PMS so bad that thoughts of jumping off a cliff are really normal during that week. No joke. But I'm on medication which helps.

Some people say birth control helps bad PMS, and some people say BC makes it worse. So if you're on it, try a new method of BC for awhile, and if you aren't on it, i HIGHLY suggest you get a prescrip.
    Nope I am not on any form of birth control.

gidget1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluexin99 [Register to see the link]
    Nope I am not on any form of birth control.
    Try it, why not? First of all, it's good to be on bc for the obvious, and secondly, it changes most people's PMS and the symptoms (sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the best). So you never know til you give it a try.

troytoburn
    Bronze Member
    It's certainly normal for me -- I'm doubly emotional during my ovulation period. Usually, I find myself wondering, "What's up with me?!" and then I get my period, and then I have a, "Oh... that explains it" moment.

RelaxByWater84
    Yeah, I feel more emotional before the actual period and then when I'm on it, I feel less emotional. Stupid hormones!

sweetpea03

Quote Originally Posted by bluexin99 [Register to see the link]
    I know everyone's different and our cycles are different. I feel like i'm more emotional during my ovulation period. I am emotional during my periods too but I feel like it's much more severe when i'm ovulating. Sometimes i get so emotional that i cry.

I get easily depressed when it comes to very insignificant things, things i wouldn't even think twice about during my 'normal' days. For example (silly example), if my boyfriend calls me 20 minutes later than he said he would, i'd think about it and get gloomy. Pathetic i know.

Is this normal? What can i do to relieve the so-called symptoms?

Help!

Thanks in advance!
    I can definitely be very emotional. I'm a mess at times. lol. You can try going on the pill to see if it helps, certain pills will work better than others and you just have to find the right one for you. They are supposed to level out your hormones so it's not such a "roller coaster ride" of emotions. It might be worth a shot if it's severe. I was on the pill for a little while and it seemed to help a bit, but I had to stop for other medical reasons.

Soteria
    I'm actually pretty Okay before and during.. emotionally that is.. I get VERY bad period pain and I have to drug myself to fall asleep quick.. Sometimes it happens that I have no pain and then it all starts.. after my period my hormones are all over the place and I don't know what to do with myself.. I am depressed without it anyways so this is like double attack.. It usually lasts for a week then goes away and I'm back to normal.. This only happens tho when I do not have period pain.. It's so strange.. the older I get the more I don't understand my body and what is happening..

Top Threads
Pain after cystitis for weeks
Hey, so I had a couple nasty cases of cystitis about 6 weeks ago that just kept coming back (have explained before) and now I'm just sort of having
Alcohol Problems, what do I do?
Looking back I've had problems with drinking since I started college. I donít drink every day but I have nights every so often that I just keep
insecure and people bring her down
This post is about my friend and not me. She wants to take singing as a career. She loves music and have a great knowledge about it. She is a mezzo
Chest pain after meditation
I recently had chest pain after meditation. I have a lot of sadness and pain that is happening with my spouse and the world. I am trying to figure
doctors are not able to help
So its been 1 and a half year of stomach pain. To be more specific in the mid upper abdomen, I have a terrible bowel movement, cuz im only able to
Cambridge diet
Hi starting this thread in the hope someone is in the same position I started the Cambridge diet and I am feeling great looking forward to losing

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Tired of Being His Provider??
Okay so I found this site through Google. This seems like a pretty common topic and I suppose I just need to vent. My husband has been unemployed
Beautiful women who works at lush...
So there is this a girl who works at this place. I've been in there twice now and she is a stunner. Its one of those girls who you have to look twice
Being left for another man by my ex girlfriend
My and my ex gf broke up 7 months ago back in late April. We had bad fights and she stated she was unhappy. She then proceeded to have an active
Wondering?
Ok, I posted before about my situation but I would like to further talk. This woman I became involved with 3 years ago TOLD me she had feelings for
Break up Advice Needed
Hi all, I really need some advice on my recent break up with my girlfriend of almost five years. A few months ago I started to feel unhappy and
She's getting ready for marriage. She thinks that it is what I want. My fault.
So, I am pretty much in a difficult situation. I have been with a girl for the past 4 years. In these 4 years, after a while I realized she really
Venting - Advice...?
Hello, Im a 36 year old male, married with 3 kids. My wife and I are pretty much like roommates. There is zero sex life and its from both ends
Ask For Advice