Ask For Advice
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: For the ladies: more emotional during ovulation period?

  1. #1
    bluexin99
    Bronze Member bluexin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    271
    Gender
    Female

    For the ladies: more emotional during ovulation period?

    I know everyone's different and our cycles are different. I feel like i'm more emotional during my ovulation period. I am emotional during my periods too but I feel like it's much more severe when i'm ovulating. Sometimes i get so emotional that i cry.

    I get easily depressed when it comes to very insignificant things, things i wouldn't even think twice about during my 'normal' days. For example (silly example), if my boyfriend calls me 20 minutes later than he said he would, i'd think about it and get gloomy. Pathetic i know.

    Is this normal? What can i do to relieve the so-called symptoms?

    Help!

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    gidget1
    Gold Member gidget1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    au
    Age
    29
    Posts
    839
    Gender
    Female
    Are you on birth control?
    I get PMS so bad that thoughts of jumping off a cliff are really normal during that week. No joke. But I'm on medication which helps.

    Some people say birth control helps bad PMS, and some people say BC makes it worse. So if you're on it, try a new method of BC for awhile, and if you aren't on it, i HIGHLY suggest you get a prescrip.

  3. #3
    bluexin99
    Bronze Member bluexin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    271
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by gidget1 [Register to see the link]
    Are you on birth control?
    I get PMS so bad that thoughts of jumping off a cliff are really normal during that week. No joke. But I'm on medication which helps.

    Some people say birth control helps bad PMS, and some people say BC makes it worse. So if you're on it, try a new method of BC for awhile, and if you aren't on it, i HIGHLY suggest you get a prescrip.
    Nope I am not on any form of birth control.

  4. #4
    gidget1
    Gold Member gidget1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    au
    Age
    29
    Posts
    839
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by bluexin99 [Register to see the link]
    Nope I am not on any form of birth control.
    Try it, why not? First of all, it's good to be on bc for the obvious, and secondly, it changes most people's PMS and the symptoms (sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the best). So you never know til you give it a try.

  5. #5
    troytoburn
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    167
    Thanked
    1
    It's certainly normal for me -- I'm doubly emotional during my ovulation period. Usually, I find myself wondering, "What's up with me?!" and then I get my period, and then I have a, "Oh... that explains it" moment.

  6. #6
    RelaxByWater84
    Platinum Member RelaxByWater84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wherever I Want
    Age
    31
    Posts
    1,597
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    16
    Yeah, I feel more emotional before the actual period and then when I'm on it, I feel less emotional. Stupid hormones!

  7. #7
    sweetpea03

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,822
    Gender
    Female
    Thanked
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by bluexin99 [Register to see the link]
    I know everyone's different and our cycles are different. I feel like i'm more emotional during my ovulation period. I am emotional during my periods too but I feel like it's much more severe when i'm ovulating. Sometimes i get so emotional that i cry.

    I get easily depressed when it comes to very insignificant things, things i wouldn't even think twice about during my 'normal' days. For example (silly example), if my boyfriend calls me 20 minutes later than he said he would, i'd think about it and get gloomy. Pathetic i know.

    Is this normal? What can i do to relieve the so-called symptoms?

    Help!

    Thanks in advance!
    I can definitely be very emotional. I'm a mess at times. lol. You can try going on the pill to see if it helps, certain pills will work better than others and you just have to find the right one for you. They are supposed to level out your hormones so it's not such a "roller coaster ride" of emotions. It might be worth a shot if it's severe. I was on the pill for a little while and it seemed to help a bit, but I had to stop for other medical reasons.

  8. #8
    Soteria
    Member Soteria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    14
    Gender
    Female
    I'm actually pretty Okay before and during.. emotionally that is.. I get VERY bad period pain and I have to drug myself to fall asleep quick.. Sometimes it happens that I have no pain and then it all starts.. after my period my hormones are all over the place and I don't know what to do with myself.. I am depressed without it anyways so this is like double attack.. It usually lasts for a week then goes away and I'm back to normal.. This only happens tho when I do not have period pain.. It's so strange.. the older I get the more I don't understand my body and what is happening..

  9.  

Top Threads
feeling weird
Hello everyone, Recently, I have been experiencing some weird symptoms and it might just me overreacting, but who knows? So, for the past week, I

Featured Threads
Parent and relationships problems
So clearly i need help sooo i will get right into the story.....sorry its so long I am a 25 year old male who is in a relationship with my 19
My boyfriend is trying to date other woman on online dating site.
I really need help. I am so confused. My boyfriend is on online dating site. He said he wants to date other women. We were on and off relationship
My wife left me without having even a talk
Hi everybody, I wonder if this is normal just to leave a marriage of 7 years without having a proper talk before moving on? It happened to me that
Confused about FWB
Last weekend my FWB and I made plans to meet up. He drove down from his place to go to a party with friends, afterwards he was coming to spend the
Everything is just JUMBLED
I have an extremely, EXTREMELY screwed up life. At least from my point of view it is. At least I think I'm the only one that knows my own
Getting over someone to be with them again later?
Long story short, my ex broke up with me after 4 years because he said he was immature and needed to grow up without me and part of that was meeting
Need Advice - it's urgent for me
Hello Everyone, I meesed up my life and I take full responsibilty. I ned advice and what to do to remedy the situation immediately and prevent it
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •