Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122

Thread: 35 years old. Never married. No kids. Feeling so out of faith and alone

I haven't read through all the posts but I am feeling kind of depressed as I just turned 35 and I am still single as well. I have one issue that I am starting to address which is a little bit of a weight problem (not too bad but I was a little over, not obese or anything like that). I have a successful career as an Engineer and I don't have any kids or anything like that. If they had asked me 10-15 years ago that I would be 35 I would have expected that I would be married by now. I don't think that I am a bad person or anything like that. I consider myself a good person. It's not that I don't understand why I am single but rather that it all of a sudden just hit me that I am 35 and am now trying to rush trying to find someone. I have put as a goal of getting married next year but it really is out of my hands. I'll try to get in the best shape I can and will probably try eharmony or something. Anyways, just wanted to commiserate with others here. Just like a line in fight club that I like so much "we give each other strength". Hope everything works out for those here.

Well just so you know you're not the only one feeling the same way.
    I'm 30 years old guy who followed advice given to others here about cutting that toxic girl off of my life and I did it two years ago and I hoped I was going to meet a good girl then but guess what? I'm already 30 and single and out of hope. I feel my life is over since my dream was to become a father by this age.
    I'm so freaking tired of people telling me: you're good loking, you have beautiful eyes bla bla bla, I'm starting to think those words are just to make me feel better.
    I also tried the online dating thing and I met crazy desperate woman who would also talk about themselves all the time or still talk about their exes so I got off of it.
    I've been in the gym for a year and I look absolutely different in a great shape but still nothing has changed, I don't know why is sooo hard to meet decent women since I am also sure I'm good person and I always try to be positive.
    Anyway hugs to you and you're not alone.

hi i feel the same i should of been writting what you did cos im in that situation and feel i will never meet mr right or have kids and getting older im 36 all my mates have kids i feel gutted inside and feel horrible like u like there something wrong with me the worse part is all my family are settled with kids and my mum got no grand kids and i love her to see my kids its so sad i hate my life

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by sarat
    hi i feel the same i should of been writting what you did cos im in that situation and feel i will never meet mr right or have kids and getting older im 36 all my mates have kids i feel gutted inside and feel horrible like u like there something wrong with me the worse part is all my family are settled with kids and my mum got no grand kids and i love her to see my kids its so sad i hate my life
    Don't lose faith! I started dating my husband a week before my 39th birthday. We got married and had our first child when we were 42. Luckily I had a number of single friends who were in the same boat as me so that helped but many of them were married and had kids -and some were the "smug married" type.

It's so frustrating.

I'm 34, unmarried, with no kids.
    7 years ago, I lost my only pregnancy and one of my fallopian tubes as a result of a tubal pregnancy. My post-miscarriage depression pushed my relationship passed it's limits and although I've had a few short lived relationships since, I am still single.

I'm a problem solver and I have anxiety associated with situations where I'm unable to be in control or rresolve which makes this void so frustrating.
    However, I'm always just living life, having faith, keeping positive, focusing on the things I have, and being happy but sometimes my patience wears thin or something triggers and reminds me that this issue is STILL not resolved.

I work for my mom and step-dad and today they delegated me to cover the night shift for New years Eve because being unwed and unbarren, I can't possibly have anything better to do.
    I don't have plans but it hurts when people assume your available all the time..... it sucks enough not having the obligations that are missing from my life.
    So this New Years Eve, I'll be serving the public as they enjoy their festivities with their spouses and children.
    I'd much rather be home alone, watching movies and sipping bubbly.

Also, ppl always try to give advice, play match maker, list things that "could be worse", or just pitty me.
    I know they mean well but none of their tactics ever have positive effects.

Platinum Member
    You need a detailed plan because the right relationship isn't going to be presented as a Christmas present. You have to be the instrument of change.

What's your plan?

8. 10-23-2017, 10:33 PM

9. 10-23-2017, 10:37 PM

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 19202122

Give Advice
Ask For Advice