Stress can make period come twice in one month? worried!

seap

So about two weeks ago I had my period on sept. 1-7, the bleeding was very light and such, then this monday I started my period again! And now it is very heavy and I have extreme cramping! I was so freaked out because bleeding twice a month has only happened to me like once or twice...but I hear it could be a sign that you may be pregnant? I bought the cheap pregnancy test from target the other day and it came out as negative...but I am still worried, my boyfriend is pissed at me for making this such a big deal...but I just want to know what could be wrong with me. My cramps are pretty painful, I am bloated, my breasts are sore and I throw up when my cramps get this bad. So I don't know what the deal is, I am on birth control, and have been for 2 years now and since I have been on bc my cramps are not as painful as they used to be before I started taking bc. I was really freaked out and called planned parenthood just to ask them about my symptoms, she said that most likely since I started college and all this stuff I have been under a lot of stress and it could cause my period to come again. She told me I shouldn't worry about it, but I can always take a pregnancy test if I am that worried. Am I just being overdramatic? I think I will schedule an appointment with PP sometime soon to talk about maybe taking a stronger pill?

Stress will make you skip a period.... have periods closer together.... stress has seriously physiologically complications and can wreck havoc with hormones making anything possible!

Do you best to take some time out of the day for you... meditate... go for a walk... chat with your girlfriends... 30min a day can make all the difference!

HUGS!

I wouldn't worry about it. As your body undergoes hormonal changes (natural to a certain degree - could be due to stress) things like this just happens sometimes. Going on a stronger pill may help.

If this becomes a recurring problem see a doctor, but I wouldn't worry about 1 month. If it starts happening regarulrly or is triggered by intercourse however I would be a bit more concerned. Possible causes: STI's, cervical cancer, cervical polyps...

more than likely it's just hormones though.

Thank you very much. I am on my 3rd day of cramps and my period has stopped but I hear thats normal too. My cramps aren't as painful but still are there. So I am hoping it will completely go away by tomorrow or I will have a problem. I feel super lethargic right now..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived