Light period after Plab B? Implantation bleeding?

Shylight

So despite my recent post ridden with anxiety - I did get my period 10 days after taking Plan B - 3 days before my period was supposed to start normally. Thing is, it was a pretty light period, the day I got it I only spotted, the next two days it was heavy though, and then tampered off and lasted only 4 days compared to my 6-7. As far as I can tell it wasn't implantation bleeding because it did get heavy enough for a maxipad at one point (sorry to be graphic!). But the stories about bleeding during pregnancy have me worried. That and the other times I've taken it i've had heavier periods. Has anyone else ever had a light period after taking it?

Yep.. I would just take a test. At this point you have nothing to lose. But periods can be weird... Sometimes I would get longer periods--lasting 5 days(my usual period time) other times I'd get period only lasting 4 days. And once my period only lasted 2/3 days. I was not pregnant in either case, my period was just "off" for some particular reason. If you are that concerned though, taking the test will at least ease your mind.

that definitely doesn't sound like normal implantation bleeding but like everyone else says.. you can take the test to ease your mind. Your period may have not been the same because of the hormones in plan B. I think you're okay.

Side Effects of the Morning After Pill (Plan B) May Include:

•nausea

•vomiting

•abdominal pain li]tiredness

•headache

menstrual changes

•dizziness

•breast tenderness

Things to Watch out for with the Morning After Pill (Plan B):

Some women may have their period earlier or later than their normal cycle. If your menstrual cycle is delayed more than one week, you may be pregnant.

•If you vomit within an hour of taking either dose of Plan B you need to retake the dose.

•Remember, if you are already pregnant Plan B will not work, as it does not affect an existing pregnancy.

• 2 weeks later...
So despite my recent post ridden with anxiety - I did get my period 10 days after taking Plan B - 3 days before my period was supposed to start normally. Thing is, it was a pretty light period, the day I got it I only spotted, the next two days it was heavy though, and then tampered off and lasted only 4 days compared to my 6-7. As far as I can tell it wasn't implantation bleeding because it did get heavy enough for a maxipad at one point (sorry to be graphic!). But the stories about bleeding during pregnancy have me worried. That and the other times I've taken it i've had heavier periods. Has anyone else ever had a light period after taking it?

Plan B will mess up your period. And it is normal to react to it differently even if you have taken it before. The only way to know if you are pregnant is to take a pregnancy test. Symptoms mean nothing, as symptoms for other conditions can mimic pregnancy symptoms(pms, stress, etc have the same symptoms). Take the pregnancy test 2 weeks after having sex or after a missed period with first morning urine. That way it will be accurate. And taking Plan B often is NOT good. It's not meant to be a regular birth control. It can permanently damage your body if you continue to use it often.

Archived