Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My dog has an enormous lump... but doesn't act sick...

I'm very sorry.

Very sorry to hear about your dog.

Ammy our 14 yr old Chihuahua had same thing, we didn't know what to do, it didn't bother her, it bothered me. Anyway, Dr just said to watch it, and if it gets bigger let him know, well we did, and he said she's ok, said he can remove but, can't guarantee it won't come back. We waited til it was the size of a lime to have it removed, it took longer than usual to recover because we waited so long. It took about 6 wks. Long story short. Our dog is fine except about 3 wks ago we noticed it's growing back again, it's the size of a grape now, again doesn't bother our dog. It cost $500 to remove the 1st time, if we would of had removed earlier at the it is size it is now, it would of cost $180. But, Dr. said it could come back again, we can't keep spending hundreds for surgery, also took about 6 weeks to heal, I had to bring dog back to Dr.s office every 3 to 4 days for wrap change. Our Dr. Called it a mass and said it was benion so we waited but, like I said I couldn't take it, it was draging on the ground, hurt me not the dog. So I suggest get Dr's opinion, if it doesn't hurt dog leave it alone, because they say most of them do grow back. Unless it starts to drag on ground then you'll want to remove probably like I did. Wish you the best. I love my dogs they are part of my family, I'm sure you do too.

Platinum Member
    Was about to reply to this one and see that it is from 2010....

Re: enormous lump on dogs leg

[My dog has an enormous lump on his hind leg - it's like the whole leg bulges at the topQUOTE=Ammy;4459204]Hi guys,

My dog has an enormous lump on his hind leg - it's like the whole leg bulges at the top (it's about 2/3 the size of a golf-ball - just looks like his thigh is swollen). We only found it last week when he got his hair groomed (he is a silky terrier with very long hair that makes him look much bigger until shaved). We took him to the vet who went in for surgery but didn't remove it as it is too large and wrapped around the leg. He has sent tissue for a biopsy but no results as yet. They initially did a needle biopsy that came back clear, but now he has got deep tissue. He told my mum to expect the worst... and that given the lump appeared quite quickly it could be an aggressive form of tumor. I don't get it though.. He doesn't act sick AT ALL. He is spritely and eating and playing like normal.

Does anyone know what it could be? Have you ever heard of a dog (or any creature) having an aggressive tumor but not showing any signs of illness?

We have had him for 10 years, he was very close to my dad who died 3 years ago and I'm so scared to lose him. He is beyond precious to me both because of who he is, but also he is a part of my dad that lives on.

Ammy

Ammy;

I see this has been a few years since the post and since I am just going through the same thing I'm wondering if you could tell me anything more about what it had been and how it did or did not progress.

Thank you

bjmsongs

Thread is 7 years old and the OP has not returned for 4 years. Thread closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice