CYMBALTA Withdrawals!! Its killing me... :(

I have been taking cymbalta for over a year now I was on 60mgs a day til about a month ago my partner and I have decided to start trying for a baby. I went to my doctor and I was told to drop down to 30mg's then when i could handle the symptoms go to taking them every 2nd day. Now I have done all that but have now gone 4 days without having a tablet. I nearly gave in before but my partner told me I was doing really well and to persist. I'm getting the zap, I feel neasuas I cant eat all I want to do is sleep and I am so dizzy I probly wont be able to go to work tomorrow. I have detoxed from anti depressants before but these are the worst tablets ever...

Does anyone have and advice or has been through something similar and how did you get throught the withdrawals??

Sounds like you pushed yourself a little too quickly - I'm concerned.

How much counseling did you get before going off the meds and who is working with you now?

Clearly you were on the meds for a reason - other than wanting a baby what has changed? Are you getting professional support that will need coming off an anti-depressant and having life changing events?

See your doctors - is there anything he can give you to ease a few of your symptoms.

Hugs and seriously take care.

yes my situation has changed majorly I have my life on track I stopped taking drugs I hardly drink anymore and I've become more stable with in myself. I am in the best position of my life. Besides being in the right frame of mind the cymbalta was making me worse it was causing nightmares, I wouldnt sleep for days, I'd clench my teeth all the time which made them hurt, I had no emotions I was numb.. It is a fantastic drug if you dont want to feel anything and you want life to pass you by...

They put me on the meds due to stress of starting a new job and taking drugs and drinking I hit rock bottom and relationship problems. As for professional help that didnt go to well i was seeing a psychologist who told me I was either going to kill myself or everything in my life was going to fail. So I decided I wasnt going to settle for that and I took control of my life and what was making me feel the way I feel.

My doctor has advised me to take them every second day but with these tablets it dont seem to work... I have read on the net how so many ppl go through these symptoms when coming off.. or if theres a way to get it out of my system quickly

Archived