I think I'll go see a counsellor..

-Sanguine-

I just called and there's a walk in counselling service not too far from me. It should be free for me, too, which is good.

I'm feeling kind of nervous and not really knowing what to expect. Do you just go in and start talking about how you feel or do they engage you with questions and such? I just kind of want to know what to expect.

Thanks for any feedback.

I've always felt the first few moments of a therapy session to be awkward. They may discuss your plan, what your concerns are for a few moments, exchange pleasantries(the usual). Let them know what your top concern and priority is. A good therapist will take a cue from there and ask appropriate related questions, most especially your first session. But sometimes, they don't...They just leave the room there for you to take the initiative and talk.

I've always felt the first few moments of a therapy session to be awkward. They may discuss your plan, what your concerns are for a few moments, exchange pleasantries(the usual). Let them know what your top concern and priority is. A good therapist will take a cue from there and ask appropriate related questions, most especially your first session. But sometimes, they don't...They just leave the room there for you to take the initiative and talk.

Good to know.

I'd rather have them ask me questions. Cause I really won't know where to start with my concerns. I think the counsellor knowing about my childhood would be important, but it is not the direct issue that I am focused on.

I just found out that this type of counselling I'm looking into is more of a one time thing, unless the counsellors think you need more sessions. I think it's more of a crisis type of counselling, considering it is a walk in service. Although on the website, it does say that relationship problems are a topic, so..

Hmm, now I'm not sure.

Did they refer you to a regular counseling centre? You could call back and ask. This is a tiiiny set back, don't let it get in the way of what you set out to do!

I'll probably call back tomorrow. I've already called twice today, lol.

Maybe I'll just go for one session there tomorrow and then see what they say.. perhaps they'll refer me somewhere else. I just hope it doesn't cost too much if I have to go somewhere else.

I'll probably call back tomorrow. I've already called twice today, lol.

Maybe I'll just go for one session there tomorrow and then see what they say.. perhaps they'll refer me somewhere else. I just hope it doesn't cost too much if I have to go somewhere else.

Is the walk-in clinic free? If so, they can probably refer you somewhere else that would also be free or sliding scale.

Archived