LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "I knew she was the one because she was different than the others"

Originally Posted by yeawutever
    Not really... I heard of couples who gotten married in less than 1 year of dating. Then again, everyone is different.

OP I think you should have a serious talk with her. If she's ready for this next step and you aren't then sadly you might have to break up because don't think she'll react positively about the news you're about to give her. I don't know if she'll continue dating you but the only way it's an honest discussion with her.
    Its obviously too soon to the OP is what I mean, it may be time for her, but its not for him.

Dang, save the girl the trouble and her time. Break up with her so she can find someone who wants what she wants. Do not expect her to be friends with you, or have the same feelings like she did when you go back to her and realizing that mistakes.

It's very clear you want to date other people because you don't know if she is "the one."

Originally Posted by The_Seeker
    Dang, save the girl the trouble and her time. Break up with her so she can find someone who wants what she wants. Do not expect her to be friends with you, or have the same feelings like she did when you go back to her and realizing that mistakes.

It's very clear you want to date other people because you don't know if she is "the one."
    Yeah.. if I was in that woman's shoe I would feel like absolute crap knowing ''I'm not the right one'' or he not trusting me enough and will probably not even be friends with the man.
    For all I know is the girlfriend will not take the ''no'' with delight in her face but it's better to say it on time than further waste the girl more time.

Yeah.. if I was in that woman's shoe I would feel like absolute crap knowing ''I'm not the right one'' or he not trusting me enough and will probably not even be friends with the man.
    For all I know is the girlfriend will not take the ''no'' with delight in her face but it's better to say it on time than further waste the girl more time.
    For some reason, you got me thinking of a movie called Leap Year, where the guy spent 4 years of his life with his girlfriend and didn't want to get married to her.

All his girlfriend ever did for him was love him and respect him.

For some reason, you got me thinking of a movie called Leap Year, where the guy spent 4 years of his life with his girlfriend and didn't want to get married to her.

All his girlfriend ever did for him was love him and respect him.
    Wow, what a real slap in the face for that poor girl. Ironically I just stated a thread about this yesterday on
    I know I'm still young at age 23 but what if some guy (like the movie) drains me years out of me into this ''waiting limbo'' thing. This is what I'm concern about. I just got out of a relationship with a man that wasted 4 years out of my life (I was the dumper)... do I need 4 more to go??
    So the OP has to let his girlfriend know this ASAP.

Wow, what a real slap in the face for that poor girl. Ironically I just stated a thread about this yesterday on
    I know I'm still young at age 23 but what if some guy (like the movie) drains me years out of me into this ''waiting limbo'' thing. This is what I'm concern about. I just got out of a relationship with a man that wasted 4 years out of my life (I was the dumper)... do I need 4 more to go??
    So the OP has to let his girlfriend know this ASAP.
    Holy cow, you spent 4 years plus! I'm amazed.

I'm only 22 and I got out of a 8 month relationship about a month ago [We were a good match but he had the GIGS ;] ]. My first relationship and his as well and it hurts a lot, but still being strong and playing it smart this time after seeing Leap Year. I think the expiration date on relationship for me would be 1 year if a guy doesn't know if she is the one he wants to spend his life with.

Thanks for posting your thread! I learned a lot from it!

[QUOTE=The_Seeker;4419345]Holy cow, you spent 4 years plus! I'm amazed.

I'm only 22 and I got out of a 8 month relationship about a month ago [We were a good match but he had the GIGS ;] ]. My first relationship and his as well and it hurts a lot, but still being strong and playing it smart this time after seeing Leap Year. I think the expiration date on relationship for me would be 1 year if a guy doesn't know if she is the one he wants to spend his life with.

Thanks for posting your thread! I learned a lot from it!
    I know.. that's how much patience I had (not anymore) and it was a LDR (long distance relationship) so there was no point anymore. I'm now setting my time limit on the 16 month. The first 6 months will be a ''getting to know each other freebie'', the second 6 months will be ''Are we compatible and have the same future plans (in other words ''Are we on the same page''?) and third, final stage will be the ''Determination'' period... meaning ''Alright what's the deal, are you going to marry me or waste my time, and when (date, time, etc)''.
    Yes it's better to put time limits than being played.

I know.. that's how much patience I had (not anymore) and it was a LDR (long distance relationship) so there was no point anymore. I'm now setting my time limit on the 16 month. The first 6 months will be a ''getting to know each other freebie'', the second 6 months will be ''Are we compatible and have the same future plans (in other words ''Are we on the same page''?) and third, final stage will be the ''Determination'' period... meaning ''Alright what's the deal, are you going to marry me or waste my time, and when (date, time, etc)''.
    Yes it's better to put time limits than being played.
    I'm borrowing your timeline. Ha ha! If you don't mind!

I'm borrowing your timeline. Ha ha! If you don't mind!
    Sure you can use it.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice