Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Why did he choose her over me?

  1. #1
    Shmiley_Phace
    Member Shmiley_Phace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    28
    Posts
    101
    Gender
    Female

    Unhappy Why did he choose her over me?

    in short, my ex got with someone the same week we broke up. he used to tell me how she was better in such n such ways n told his friends about how she is in bed, how shes better than me etc, and acted like he was proud to have her. a couple months later he tries to get me back saying hes done with her. we're long distance so i said no, because he hurt me a lot..we've been together for 3/4 years. 6 months after he got with her, he came over to see me. but as soon as he came over, said he only wanted to be friends..it really really hurt...he gave me so many mixed signals. stuff like saying im his dream girl, but also saying if i moved on he'd be happy for me...more like that.

    after he left, i told him not to talk to me. 3 weeks after, i got weak and tried calling and emailed 2x. his phone is changed and he wont answer emails. i just asked how he was doing...and just some facts that i am 100% sure of:

    i am: curvy in the right way, tall, very good morals, very moody, in college and working, with him 3/4 yrs, very committed, never cheated, can be insecure, lives far away, no smoking/drinking of any kind.

    she is: shorter, NO feminine assets whatsoever, looks very skinny, has a child, very insecure (i am too but not as much), but acts like she doesnt need anyone (even tho she lives with parents), smokes, drinks, very non adventurous, hates girly things/acts tomboyish, and wears funny clothes (like 3 layers of pants..), no job, no car. but she lives in his city.


    all i wanna know is...why?! why am i being ignored and she is preferred?? and he lied to me about breaking up with her, so hes been with her 7 months..why didnt he just call me n say we're friends instead of all that effort n tears...?

    whats so special about her that i dont have...?

  2. #2
    woodc5
    Silver Member woodc5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    579
    Gender
    Male
    Only he knows the answer to the question you're asking. Maybe the distance got to him and she made herself available to him. Who knows, who cares. With what he put you through, it sounds like you're better off. If your description of yourself is accurate, you should have little trouble finding someone to treat you as you deserve.

  3. #3
    eikal
    Bronze Member eikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    256
    Gender
    Male
    Nothing is, people just prefer other people its just how it is unfortunately. My ex left me for some guy that was going into the military. I wondered why she would want to be with someone who is going to leave her. It doesn't make sense and we can spend the rest of our lives wondering why. It's just best to try to accept the fact that he has a new girl and move on. If he tries to talk to you ignore it. You'll find someone new i promise.

  4. #4
    Shmiley_Phace
    Member Shmiley_Phace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    28
    Posts
    101
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by woodc5 [Register to see the link]
    Only he knows the answer to the question you're asking. Maybe the distance got to him and she made herself available to him. Who knows, who cares. With what he put you through, it sounds like you're better off. If your description of yourself is accurate, you should have little trouble finding someone to treat you as you deserve.
    thanks maybe im just too emotional right now to see the big picture..
    Quote Originally Posted by eikal [Register to see the link]
    Nothing is, people just prefer other people its just how it is unfortunately. My ex left me for some guy that was going into the military. I wondered why she would want to be with someone who is going to leave her. It doesn't make sense and we can spend the rest of our lives wondering why. It's just best to try to accept the fact that he has a new girl and move on. If he tries to talk to you ignore it. You'll find someone new i promise.
    im sure theres a logic to it thats eluding me...i hope he ends up missing me for the sake of my ego, but perhaps i wont care later on..thx

  5. #5
    Positive_Anonymous
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Age
    35
    Posts
    237
    It sounds to me like he's playing with you, he wants to know if your still there if need be and he suddenly finds himself on his own which he will be eventually. This new girl is obviously stupid enough to hang out with him and your not....so don't beat yourself up and leave them to play their games out on each other.
    I really don't think this guy is worth the effort so don't let him have his cake and eat it. Move on with your life and enjoy better things.

  6. #6
    Shmiley_Phace
    Member Shmiley_Phace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    28
    Posts
    101
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by mateus [Register to see the link]
    It sounds to me like he's playing with you, he wants to know if your still there if need be and he suddenly finds himself on his own which he will be eventually. This new girl is obviously stupid enough to hang out with him and your not....so don't beat yourself up and leave them to play their games out on each other.
    I really don't think this guy is worth the effort so don't let him have his cake and eat it. Move on with your life and enjoy better things.
    its less about him and more about my ego...all the good things i did for him, what i had to overcome to be with him (cultural issues especially) so i dont wanna be the only one suffering this...and the fact that he wont answer my emails and changed his number - god damn it hurts. i dont understand any of it. i WANT to be wanted!

  7. #7
    eikal
    Bronze Member eikal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    256
    Gender
    Male
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmiley_Phace [Register to see the link]
    its less about him and more about my ego...all the good things i did for him, what i had to overcome to be with him (cultural issues especially) so i dont wanna be the only one suffering this...and the fact that he wont answer my emails and changed his number - god damn it hurts. i dont understand any of it. i WANT to be wanted!
    To be wanted all you have to do is go out and live life and there will be numerous guys that will want you. Exercise your self-confidence and you will go far in the dating scene.

  8. #8
    woodc5
    Silver Member woodc5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    579
    Gender
    Male
    Let yourself find someone who wants you and appreciates you for what you're willing to put into a relationship. Your ex obviously didn't appreciate those obstacles you overcame to be with him. You'll be wanted again.. be patient.

  9. #9
    Shmiley_Phace
    Member Shmiley_Phace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    28
    Posts
    101
    Gender
    Female
    Quote Originally Posted by woodc5 [Register to see the link]
    Let yourself find someone who wants you and appreciates you for what you're willing to put into a relationship. Your ex obviously didn't appreciate those obstacles you overcame to be with him. You'll be wanted again.. be patient.
    i dont know how to get over the fact he underappreciated, but does appreciate a girl of THAT sort. i just dont know, i keep comparing her n me over and over again =[

  10. #10
    Shmiley_Phace
    Member Shmiley_Phace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    28
    Posts
    101
    Gender
    Female
    *bump* =[

    .....

  11.  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Top Threads
Boyfriend cheated
Hello everyone, I want unbiased comments and posts. I have been with my ex boyfriend for 8 years and we been thru a lot together, we both lost
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
My ex called me 9 months later
I loved this guy so much and i was obsessed with him. i did everything I could to show him that I loved him but he was very doubtful, he never
If my ex asks why I did not text her "Happy Birthday", What To Say?? Also Xmas/New Years/No Contact
3 part Question, Answer what you can, from experience/or with opinion. [B]Background[/B] [B]Dated:[/B] 9 Months [B]Known:[/B] 1.5
I know I shouldnít care
I am starting to get really pissed off, my ex girlfriend keeps asking my good friend I race with to always hang out and go over for wine. This is
Ex from 2 years ago (out of the blue)
Apparently my bro logged into my social media as I wasnít logged out, he texted the man I love and loved very much from 3 years ago. ďHey itís
Ex problems
Hello, so my ex who I was with for 5 years broke up with me July just gone. Much to my suprise! She did this via text ( never had the guts to sit me

Featured Threads
What eNotAlone gave you?
I wonder mostly about long-time members who decided to be a part of this community. Has this forum enriched your lives, and if so, in what
How to end things with him
Iíve been dating this guy for 2 months. In the beginning he was very sweet and romantic, however I learned in the last month or so that he is
My ex bf told me he wants sex, nudes and me to loan him money until he's stable... Should I lend $?
Hello.. I am 22 I met my ex bf (21) 3 years ago in college. He dropped out of college after the first semester.. he didn't go to finals. He stayed in
How Should I have handled it?
My GF and I were together for about 5 months. Things were great except for some of my questioning her online activity which challenged her. All
My Ex Husband still berates me
Hello, first off I am not sure why I am on a forum but.. I need an anonymous outlet I guess because my friends and family all say the same thing
Yall ready for a messed up one...
Okay, so i cheated on my bf about 6 month ms into our relationship with a guy 20 years older then me at our work. And it was a rule that it was only
Iím at a really bad state of mind right now
Itís been a little over the month since the breakup, since then, heís messaged me 2-3 times about random topics (that I donít care about), and has
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •