Ask For Advice

Thread: Why would a man pretend to have a girlfriend?

Amusing

Why would a man pretend to have a girlfriend?

Hi, my first post, so here goes:
    Why would a guy pretend to have a girlfriend (with me and his friends) and yet he enquires on a number of occassions whether I have a boyfriend (which, I don't, btw and I have mentioned this to him several times).
    I have a strong suspicion that he likes me as he always invades my personal space (I have no problem with this) - but then why pretend you have a gf?

DN

How do you know he is pretending?

d24
    maybe he wants to seem 'attractive' and 'in demand' by pretending he is taken (?)
    maybe he is in a complicated relationship (?)
    and maybe he's not interested in you that way (?)

...lastly though ... how do you know he's pretending?

anggrace
    Quote Originally Posted by DN [Register to see the link]
    How do you know he is pretending?
    good question

Amusing
    I know he is as I am good friends with someone that knows him really well...
    He is rather shy as well...

DN

Then the good friend should know why he might be pretending.

Sparkly Eyes

maybe he feels ashamed that he doesn't have a gf?

Day_Walker
    Well I think the general idea is that some people have the mentality that "the good ones are already taken" and the guy is probably playing into that, saying that he has been pre-screened and is a guy that is wanted.

Top Threads
Is It Ok To Ask "Where Is This Going"?
I have sporadic text exchange with someone I really like, and I think he does like me back. Sometimes serious matters, sometimes simply flirting. I
Having feelings for a man who is taken
I am a freshman in college and I have deep feelings for my partner in class. His girlfriend goes to school in another state and they have only seen
How to Re-Kindle The Passion with my FWB?
Hey people. I'm a guy wondering how to Re-Kindle sex with my female FWB. We had an awesome two weeks together and she confessed how much she REALLY
Wanting to date someone from dating site?
Hi ladies (and gents) I've started to develop one critical insight into being seen as successful through online dating. I found that most women
Flirt
When somebody holds someone's shoulder and looks back at me smiling what does it mean?
My crush wanna only Freindship
One month ago I met this lady older than 10 years to me. She initially talk to me about her ex breakup which is so painful to her. I was listening
Is he into me? SO CONFUSING
Ok well I'll try and keep this brief as there is too much that has happened in only five weeks but...Also so little... I work with a guy i

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Dating younger guy 24 years difference
I am 50 yrs old dating a 26 yrs old guy. We been dating each other for a couple months things are great between us. He told me he will always be
Boyfriend gets very angry if I mention his ex, is this normal?
Hi everyone! My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 5months. He broke up with his ex and a year and a half ago. 7 months after they
Should I let my boyfriend stay overnight with his friends?
Hi there. Firstly thank you for reading this post. I am a new member to this forum, and also will soon be new immigrant of the UK so basically there
Is this abuse?
Iím desperate for some advice. Iíve been with my partner for nearly 2 years and everything has been ok, except from when he drinks. I really do not
Is there hope for me?
Me and my girlfriend of two years had been talking about moving in together lately. We didn't actually go look at any place in person, but browsed a
Bringing up trust issues at the start of a new relationship? My situation...
Haven't been on these boards since my last break up a couple years ago, and here I am about to begin a new relationship with feelings from the last
Whats my next move - Dating a girl fresh out of a relationship
Hey guys, So heres the deal. Met a girl in class and I asked her out. Her answer was "maybe" because she didn't want to say no to me but just
Ask For Advice