Ask For Advice

Thread: Why would a man pretend to have a girlfriend?

Amusing

Why would a man pretend to have a girlfriend?

Hi, my first post, so here goes:
    Why would a guy pretend to have a girlfriend (with me and his friends) and yet he enquires on a number of occassions whether I have a boyfriend (which, I don't, btw and I have mentioned this to him several times).
    I have a strong suspicion that he likes me as he always invades my personal space (I have no problem with this) - but then why pretend you have a gf?

DN

How do you know he is pretending?

d24
    maybe he wants to seem 'attractive' and 'in demand' by pretending he is taken (?)
    maybe he is in a complicated relationship (?)
    and maybe he's not interested in you that way (?)

...lastly though ... how do you know he's pretending?

anggrace
    Quote Originally Posted by DN [Register to see the link]
    How do you know he is pretending?
    good question

Amusing
    I know he is as I am good friends with someone that knows him really well...
    He is rather shy as well...

DN

Then the good friend should know why he might be pretending.

Sparkly Eyes

maybe he feels ashamed that he doesn't have a gf?

Day_Walker
    Well I think the general idea is that some people have the mentality that "the good ones are already taken" and the guy is probably playing into that, saying that he has been pre-screened and is a guy that is wanted.

Top Threads
Hookup problems! help!
Hello, need advice on what to do next! Me and my boyfriend of two years recently broke up. Before him i used to hook up with this one guy I used
Got a Question
So I'm new to the country I just immigrated too and on friday I was going to look at this pub a friend told me about. So on the way I kind of got
Is my male friend into me?
Hi all, need some input. Have been in a lesbian relationship for 6+ years and am very happy. Am currently living away from home and my partner has
Opposites
So there's a guy i recently met and we're total opposites. Like vegetarian, drinking choices, life views, religious views etc. We didn't connect
Being nice out of pity
So, long story short (I posted about this guy earlier)--I have a casual friend, I have a crush on him, was pretty certain he felt the same way in at
What do I do?
I went to the gym with my friend Brian because I had just moved to town and needed to sign up to one. So he says "come to (x) and while your their
Was the bar worker interested in me?
I went to an afternoon bar to catch up with a friend. I helped myself to some water as the queues were too long at the bar. Then this waiter came

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
Whatever Happened to.....
Hey there, Does anyone know whatever happened to ENA old timers Brownstone, TiredTiger, SuperDave, mhowe, John Galt, Shane Falco, etc? I'd be
I Need Urgent Help With This, Please!!!
Sorry this is long, just want to explain the whole thing. I've been dating a guy for about 3 weeks. The first two weeks we hung out as "friends"
Being a "little man"
So I've been carrying this chip on my shoulder that has been a hindrance to my self confidence that I wanna get rid of. I'm 5'6, with hands and feet
So we broke up, but while I was breaking up with him his phone rang...
So I broke up with this guy who I thought was absolutely wonderful and trying to support as he was going through so much, divorce, business
No contact rule to get ex back.
So ive used the no contact rule to get my ex of 2 years back one other time after we had a short break. Our relationship only allowed us to see each
Am I being too harsh or a push over?
First post so here goes feel like I don't have anyone to turn to about this. Been in a relationship for about 6 years now all has been great for
You find love when you stop looking ??
I don't know how many times I've heard this expression. What do the people of ENA think of this statement? I get pretty annoyed when somebody
Ask For Advice