Ask For Advice

Thread: Why would a man pretend to have a girlfriend?

Amusing

Why would a man pretend to have a girlfriend?

Hi, my first post, so here goes:
    Why would a guy pretend to have a girlfriend (with me and his friends) and yet he enquires on a number of occassions whether I have a boyfriend (which, I don't, btw and I have mentioned this to him several times).
    I have a strong suspicion that he likes me as he always invades my personal space (I have no problem with this) - but then why pretend you have a gf?

DN

How do you know he is pretending?

d24
    maybe he wants to seem 'attractive' and 'in demand' by pretending he is taken (?)
    maybe he is in a complicated relationship (?)
    and maybe he's not interested in you that way (?)

...lastly though ... how do you know he's pretending?

anggrace
    Quote Originally Posted by DN [Register to see the link]
    How do you know he is pretending?
    good question

Amusing
    I know he is as I am good friends with someone that knows him really well...
    He is rather shy as well...

DN

Then the good friend should know why he might be pretending.

Sparkly Eyes

maybe he feels ashamed that he doesn't have a gf?

Day_Walker
    Well I think the general idea is that some people have the mentality that "the good ones are already taken" and the guy is probably playing into that, saying that he has been pre-screened and is a guy that is wanted.

Top Threads
He has a girlfriend... I am thinking about it.
For the last 9 months or so I have been having this friend. We speak via text almost daily. We see each other twice or thrice a week. He has
Did I lose her already or do I still have a chance?
Hello, First I'd like to say sorry if this isn't the proper forum but I felt it was the stage I was in. Anyway this is a long story. So about 2
Drunk texting a much younger guy!
So, I've been interested in a guy who is a lot younger than me(17 years). I'm 41. Every time I go out in the last month (3 months), we have flirted
Flirting...
I'm chatting to an older man on social media. He comments and likes my stuff (including pictures of me) a lot, however he also likes the pictures
I don't understand women, help me please!
I met a woman a few months ago on Tinder, and we went on 2 dates and had a great time, date 2 we had a really good kiss but It never led to anything
How do I flirt and ask out the mistery girl?
Earlier in the week I met this cute girl at the collage gym. She make a joke and i joked back and then out the way out we bumped into each other and
feelings for someone I don't know...
Hello. Iíve actually never shared anything on forums before. I donít know if that was the best solution though. I feel like I canít talk about this

Expert Advice
Featured Threads
my boyfriend mom is my boyfriends girlfriend, thats just the way it seem!
Ive known my boyfriend for years, but, we never dated UNTIL a year ago. And some things has start to bother me about him and his mom relationship
Disconnect
This might sound weird I never brought it up to anyone. Does anyone else feel a huge disconnect. What I mean I always feel like I'm just reading a
Wife thought I shaved body hair I never had, is she cheating
I had my shirt off this morning and my wife of 23 years asked why I shaved my shoulder hair. I have never had body hair from birth on shoulders
5 years together, no reason for splitting..
Hi, thanks for taking the time to read this. Um, so. My girlfriend of 5 years (i'm 25) split with me. And i'm torturing myself over not
How do you know when it's Love?
I've been dating a man since early November. I met him through mutual friends and we spent a lot of time being friends only before we started dating
Tired of being alone
I work two jobs and go to school, I only have one night a week where I am off before 10pm and on those days I'm off at 6:00. My life is crazy but
Playing the field - When do you stop talking with other people and go exclusive?
I'm about two months into the dating scene after getting out of a four year relationship. I've matched with a number of women on Tinder and Bumble
Ask For Advice