LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Check #2: Push Up Bras

Platinum Member
    This is my point - The way particular pieces of clothing are tailored, it can alter the appearance. My ex's butt was not all that marvelous on it's own. But this particular pair of jeans lifted and shaped it's appearance. His ass did not look like that naked or in any other pants. So if some girl was checking out his butt thinking, "Wow, that's a nice one" then the clothes come off and the genuine butt is discovered, which is not firm nor shapely as the jeans indicated. So I would say that yes, it's a fair comparison.

I think it's false advertising too...but you know what? I still do it!

Think about it guys bras come in a few basic cup sizes right...and boobs come in a whole lota different shapes and sizes...for me the push-up ones just fit better. I think it may be b/c I'm kinda in between but no matter what the reason is I've tried the non push-up and it's just not the same fit for me...so don't think that just b/c she's wearing a push-up bra she needs confidence boost or is trying to make herself look or feel better...maybe that really is just what fits.

Bottom line don't overthink it guys it's just underwear!

Push up bras are awesome. I don't wear them for men, and they don't make me look bigger - actually smaller, which is the reason I like them so much! They keep everything together. lol.

There are so many other things to take issue with. Why a bra? Especially if it makes someone feel more comfortable, and better about themselves, by a little act of fabric - then I think it can't be anything but a good thing.

Platinum Member AnotherBrokenDoll's Avatar
    And you wonder why girls wear make up and push up bras? Really? You said it right there in your comment. 'Go to bed with a 10, wake up with a 2'. No girl wants to be a 2. So of course many will do whatever they can do to hide the parts we don't like.

Wouldn't you want to do the same, if you were being rated a number 2?

That being said, i hate push up bras, especially on me. Sure i wear make up, but i like it to look natural. Not like a doll, i can't stand having make up plastered to my face. I find makeup a more sure sign that someone is insecure then push up bras. My best friend often wears them, and honestly, the difference in minimal, but just helps whilst wearing certain peices of clothes.

Platinum Member
    I think it's absolutely fair for women to wear push-up bras.

Just as I think it's absolutely fair for men to exaggerate how much money they make.

I don't wear push up bras because I feel that I don't have big breasts so why try and fool people into thinking I do. It's just my personal choice. I am really not happy with my breast size but my boyfriend is, eh. I know that faking it won't make me feel any happier because I know what size they really are and a push up bra won't make me forget.

I do wear bras with mild padding but that's just for shape not size.

Bronze Member
    I have push-up bras that I wear sometimes, though not often. I have very large C breasts, and there aren't that many pretty bras in my size. Sometimes the push-ups are the only pretty ones that fit, but with the padding (which always makes my boobs look madonna-esque, and I HATE it!), they look absolutely HUGE! I hate the molding too. I prefer to have non-padded bras, if I can find one that looks ok. Mostly, for breasts my size, they have these ridiculously huge straps and have the material come up very high and covers so much- I'm not a grandma!

There seriously needs to be more options for big breasted women.

Originally Posted by AnotherBrokenDoll
    And you wonder why girls wear make up and push up bras? Really? You said it right there in your comment. 'Go to bed with a 10, wake up with a 2'. No girl wants to be a 2. So of course many will do whatever they can do to hide the parts we don't like.
    I was being sarcastic about "be yourself". Women tell that to guys, but then turn around a spruce up what makes them attractive to men.

Platinum Member
    I just like push-up(demi) bras. They look nice, they lift up the girls, and in general is a smoother look under shirts. They don't make them look any bigger, they just make it so they're not hanging down to my bellybutton or their natural aging slope to the sides. Maybe not that drastic, but let's face it, gravity works it's magic fast. And I am well-endowed up top, I don't want them looking any bigger, they're big enough. I refuse to wear those institutional bras with the 8 snaps in the back and straps as thick as my arm.

It holds the same concept as slimming clothing or butt pads, pec pads, whatever it is. In the end, no they DON'T really look like that. But what difference does it make if it makes someone feel good to wear something they feel is flattering? My lips aren't naturally glossy. My ex's butt didn't REALLY look like that. My uncle wears a toupee. My friend wears extensions. And our little extras make us feel good.

I'm not a guy, but I'm wearing a push up bra. I like it because it gives me a shape and a little bit bigger size to increase my self confidence between a small breast women and cute men. Well it's a plus, but my boyfriend doesn't understand it. Well he would like me to wear that normal bra without any push ups and etc, but if I don't agree, then he's not making a big deal out of it. And I'm happy. I think that most men like to see their girlfriends and wives more natural. But a push up bra is a little sin and it's better than silicon breasts, I think

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice