This is where it gets complicated

Ok. So im a freshmen tuba in marching band. And the tuba beside me is a senior. Now, I have the biggest crush on him. Im not sure if he feels the same. He has corrected me on my chin height. To do so, he would place his index finger along my chin, and his thumb under my chin, and gently push up. Now, people ask why my chin is too high. also, on multiple occasions, he has pushed in on my lower back to fix my posture. As if thats not too much already, our eyes have met many times, though not for long. And I

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sometimes feel him checking me out. But back to the eyes, we haven't met eyes in a while. So, either he has lost interest, he never had any, or hes waiting for my move. If the second is true, theres no way around that. But if its the first or the last, I can still make this work. What are some subtle ways to say 'Im interested'?

p.s.

He offered to tutor me some time, and he's really cool ( but looks don't hurt ; )).

Ok. I have tryed to take him up on his offer, but the last time I tried, he couldn't due to a physical. But next time we do, ill bring a portable DVD player. With a small screen. So we need to be close to see it

Smart strategy there, buddy. Keep us updated

Scratch that! I started talking to him about how i wanted to see a movie tomorrow, and he somewhat invited himself. Not that im upset. He can't make it tomorrow, but he's free Saturday. Not sure what were seeing yet, but i know what ill be watching. He also offered to drive. May just be because its a 20 minute drive to the closest theater. But that shows he's concerned. Also good

Perfect. Now you have all your cards together and all you need now is to play them right. Just some advice, don't do things that might show that your too eager, that might creep him out. Besides, you don't even know if he feels the same way that you do. Play it cool, but still show some signs of interest and that your having fun.

Good luck on your "date" . Have fun. Keep us updated.

-medicine

Two days until the movie. Can't wait. In the mean time, i have come out about being bi to one friend, and planning another one.

That's great. Be sure to feel comfortable and enjoy every moment, who knows, maybe both you guys might eventually get something going on in the future.

Coming out is not easy, glad you have the courage to do so.

-medicine

So, the tuba I like also plays a lot of other instruments. So, being multi-instrumental my self, decided before i even net him I wanted to play another instrument other than baritone and tuba. Well, with him being an expert in trombone, I am thinking of taking up trombone as a third. Plus, I get a crazy awesome tutor He already agreed to tutoring me if i chose trombone. He even offered to help with trumpet I think he really wants to be around me.

Baritone/Euphonium/Tuba/Trumpet: 0, 2, 1, 1-2, 2-3, 1-3, 1-2-3. The equivalent on trombone positions in order are: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7

You can learn them all and not be any good or you can master one and really have a lot of fun. Your choice. If you want to go to school for music, all they care about is that you are awesome on one. They'll teach you the rest in a 1 credit class.

In terms of relationship advice, if it goes well with your tuba buddy, awesome. If not, you'll always have lots of friends if you stick with band . AEA.

Archived