options for preserving fertility

I am 36 and am very single and there is not alot of chance of a baby coming along for me in the immediate future ..

what are my options regarding freezing eggs etc or other steps that can be taken? or is it already too late anyway?

if anybody can offer suggestions.and what steps can be taken now.I'm very worried its already too late

my sister is now 40 and is failing in IVF.she gones through 4 cyles already

look at it this way. Even you can never have your biological children, you can always choose adoption. So you wont remain childless, if that is your fear.

Do you want to be married or have a bf to have a child with? if it's not necessary, there are always sperm banks you can use.

Hi Sunday,

I imagine if you consult a doctor and look online you'll find plenty of resources that will guide you, THOUGH I imagine that the process itself may be a bit expensive--do you have the money?

As someone said you can always try a sperm bank if you are desperate to have a baby. But of course there is the issue of not having a father around to help you raise it, and being a single mother. Are you ok with this?

Have you ever thought about adopting--that may work well for you? Because there is no time limit.

I know that because of your age, and your sisters experience, that you're scared. But I think it may "early" before you start seeking desperate approaches to conceive.

You want to make sure that you're in a good financial state--because IVF, freezing eggs, etc will be expensive, as will raising a child. A good emotional state--you are not close to healed from your break up. And that you've really exhausted your other options. I would honestly at least give yourself some more time to date, and then if you haven't met anyone that you'd want to settle down with in the next two years, you can at least have money saved up to go through adoption, sperm bank route, etc.

Good luck.

adoption is difficult in australia and i want to experience pregnancy and have my own

i think at 36 its is hard to not panic.

Yes but is doing it desperate and emotionally unstable the correct way to do it?

Your still wounded because of the break up and that isn't FAIR at all to bring a baby in the world, when you are emotionally unstable. It also isn't FAIR to bring a child in the world out of desperation. You have to be ready, mentally, emotionally, and financially. And you should also think about it if you want to be a single mother or if you'd like a steady foundation, a marriage, a better financial situation and so on?

I think you should honestly wait until you are healed from this break up, have explored all options, and really ask yourself if your trying to conceive because your desperate or because you FEEL as though you are COMPLETELY ready for a child(which I suspect you aren't).

36 is older, but it isn't too old. I'd say that any age before 40 is NOT a red flag in terms of fertility purposes, but of course the older you get the more difficult it may be.

Like I said at least wait until your healed from the break up before you try to desperately make a baby, date, etc.

Archived